• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I feel a nervous breakdown coming on

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Mike - given that you are considering a career in a field pretty similar to my own, I would have to say that if college is bringing you to the verge of a nervous breakdown, you are in no way equipped to work in my industry.

I suggest that the best advice in this thread - given that getting you laid is pretty much out of the question - is to shut up and man up. I do it most days. Did it most of the past two days actually.

mccvi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrNick
I'd advice not using any benzodiazepines, I made that mistake when I was younger and they are very addictive and a ***** to withdraw from.

Second that, careful with the benzos.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Mike - given that you are considering a career in a field pretty similar to my own, I would have to say that if college is bringing you to the verge of a nervous breakdown, you are in no way equipped to work in my industry.

I suggest that the best advice in this thread - given that getting you laid is pretty much out of the question - is to shut up and woman up. I do it most days. Did it most of the past two days actually.

FTFY.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Mike - given that you are considering a career in a field pretty similar to my own, I would have to say that if college is bringing you to the verge of a nervous breakdown, you are in no way equipped to work in my industry. I suggest that the best advice in this thread - given that getting you laid is pretty much out of the question - is to shut up and man up. I do it most days. Did it most of the past two days actually.
I feel fine now, just had a rough patch. It was the work and school combination.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I feel fine now, just had a rough patch. It was the work and school combination.

Rough patches will happen all throughout your life, and now is the time to figure out your best coping mechanism: before you have people depending on you.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Rough patches will happen all throughout your life, and now is the time to figure out your best coping mechanism: before you have people depending on you.

Originally Posted by imageWIS
Expand on that please.

Well, given that this is Conne we speak of, I can only resort to hypotheticals, but let's say Conne someday gets married (work with me here). Maybe he even reproduces. Unless he found a sugar mama with a trust fund and a heart condition, wife and children will be relying on Conne to produce a steady, adequate paycheck to cover rent, food, utilities, etc.

Again, this is all hypothetical, given the OP.

So let's say that Conne graduates someday and lands a job where they pay him in dollars or some other negotiable currency (cause grown-ups don't take their wages in Evan Williams). He will have co-workers who depend on him to pull his weight when they have team projects. Not saying it WILL happen, but it would be nice to see. So, years pass, Conne stays sober (more or less), and he moves into a supervisory/managerial role. Now, his underlings/minions depend on him to be on his game in helping them to promote their careers.

You can expect rough patches in marriage and in work. You've got to learn to deal with them to minimize the impact on others.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Well, given that this is Conne we speak of, I can only resort to hypotheticals, but let's say Conne someday gets married (work with me here). Maybe he even reproduces. Unless he found a sugar mama with a trust fund and a heart condition, wife and children will be relying on Conne to produce a steady, adequate paycheck to cover rent, food, utilities, etc. Again, this is all hypothetical, given the OP. So let's say that Conne graduates someday and lands a job where they pay him in dollars or some other negotiable currency (cause grown-ups don't take their wages in Evan Williams). He will have co-workers who depend on him to pull his weight when they have team projects. Not saying it WILL happen, but it would be nice to see. So, years pass, Conne stays sober (more or less), and he moves into a supervisory/managerial role. Now, his underlings/minions depend on him to be on his game in helping them to promote their careers. You can expect rough patches in marriage and in work. You've got to learn to deal with them to minimize the impact on others.
Well, people already depend on me for certain things in my current job. And I get rave reviews, thank you very much!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, people already depend on me for certain things in my current job. And I get rave reviews, thank you very much!

yes, I see that.

Taking 1,000 Christmas cards out of their envelopes, having the boss sign them, then putting them back in and addressing them. Suicide plz.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah but you wont be giving blowjobs under the desk forever.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
yeah but you wont be giving blowjobs under the desk forever.

Forever is a long time. He really only needs a few years to get some good blackmail material, and then he's off to Belize to live the high life on some politician's grafted dime.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what industry do u work conne?

i think i had my roughest time (school/work related) at the end of the last spring semester.

it took a new (fun) car and the most exciting relationship i have ever had to get me through it. being 21 and acting like your not is hard

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads