• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HYPEBEAST - Epitome of cool, or irresponsible, shameless marketers?

Hugo Slime

Reaction score
I recently unfollowed Hypebeast and similar sites as I was sick of being told that ugly trainers were beautiful, what I ‘should be wearing and what I should spend my hard-earned money on.

Yes, if I don’t like it I can unfollow, which I have done, but have any of you got any views on these types of sites?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its Hypebeast, the fuckery is in the name.
I've long ignored any of these Yeezy/Supreme/Hype **** for a long time now and I have no interest in following it again.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
let's be honest. it's because they made fun of you for wanting to return your rick parka because it was missing the tags, right?

HUGO SLIME - Epitome of Middle-aged Entitlement or Basic Ass Bitchiness?

Hugo Slime

Reaction score
let's be honest. it's because they made fun of you for wanting to return your rick parka because it was missing the tags, right?

HUGO SLIME - Epitome of Middle-aged Entitlement or Basic Ass Bitchiness?
Hypebeast would do an article on tags and the rapper or socialite who has the biggest collection, and why you should stand in a queue for two days to get special edition ones. So bore off you dick.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Hypebeast would do an article on tags and the rapper or socialite who has the biggest collection, and why you should stand in a queue for two days to get special edition ones. So bore off you dick.

hey man, they're waiting in queue for that privilege and exclusivity. surely, you can't discount that experience when you whined about incomplete tags when buying something at 50% off!

Hugo Slime

Reaction score
hey man, they're waiting in queue for that privilege and exclusivity. surely, you can't discount that experience when you whined about incomplete tags when buying something at 50% off!
I wasn’t DH, I was trying to make the point that they were unlikely to ‘make fun of me’ for wanting tags. I’m done dealing with you, you are obviously on the spectrum so bore off. PS I am enjoying my parka. You should get one.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I wasn’t DH, I was trying to make the point that they were unlikely to ‘make fun of me’ for wanting tags. I’m done dealing with you, you are obviously on the spectrum so bore off. PS I am enjoying my parka. You should get one.

trust me. everyone's making fun of you. you're a living meme round these parts. congratulations!

also sorry, rick's too basic for me. especially discount rick (lol!). i need to pay at least $3k retail for everything i buy to peacock my full douchebaggery and make fun of basic scrubs who can only buy things at 50% off.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i occasionally read those sites, but it's for entertainment purposes only. I'm a much more verbal person, and frankly, don't find a highly visual medium to be that compelling. The longest that I can browse instagram is about 5 minutes, and that's only if there is something fascinatingly terrible there. I find lifestyle photographs to be incredibly boring. It's like the whole of instagram thinks that soothing pastel colors, coffee, and moody photos of cityscapes to be always fascinating.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I love the way this question is phrased so neutrally: "HYPEBEAST - EPITOME OF COOL, OR IRRESPONSIBLE, SHAMELESS MARKETERS?"

I see excellence in critical thinking stemming from this. Carry on.

White Lotus

Reaction score
I find the Hypebeast site a bit of both but they do cater to the hypebeasts who buy **** to flex only without a sense of individual style.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
i occasionally read those sites, but it's for entertainment purposes only. I'm a much more verbal person, and frankly, don't find a highly visual medium to be that compelling. The longest that I can browse instagram is about 5 minutes, and that's only if there is something fascinatingly terrible there. I find lifestyle photographs to be incredibly boring. It's like the whole of instagram thinks that soothing pastel colors, coffee, and moody photos of cityscapes to be always fascinating.

"I enjoy reading prose when discussing aesthetics however allow me to list the purely visual reasons why I don't enjoy lifestyle photographs" LOL

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I enjoy reading prose when discussing aesthetics however allow me to list the purely visual reasons why I don't enjoy lifestyle photographs" LOL
Sheesh. It was a rant. Rants are rarely well constructed arguments. In any case, neither of the points are actually incompatible. Here: I am a very verbal person. Purely visual content must be very powerful in order for me to find out compelling. I've not seen anything on Instagram that meets that mark. However, I will read and respond to all types of verbal stimuli. Like this.

Satisfied?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads