• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anduru normally I'd agree with your post but your first like fifteen posts in this forum were most definitely flaunting your sexuality; if I remember your told at least one poster he had a ********* and while there aren't many female posters over here lately in, SZ there are, and that definitely wouldn't fly in the other direction. You're being judged by a first impression which was like, two weeks ago, so tone it back for awhile before getting on a soap box about equality.

Edit: and I do agree with AFL, just slow down for a little and get the feel for things around here and you'll be fine
redface.gif

Last edited:

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL WOW

I actually don't say it in ~EVERY~ post. I post a lot of image-heavy posts in the runway thread and bright future thread etc. etc., and if you're referring to me referencing my bf in some of my posts then you're hypocritical and prejudice because nobody says jack **** when any heterosexual person mentions their significant other or says anything about who they find attractive.

There are many people online and off who go on and on and on about their family and kids and blahblahblah, I've seen it in MC more so because they seem to be generally older and settled down.
Nobody ever says anything like "you flaunt your sexuality all the time~!!!~!@!!#@!!@@" or "nobody gives a **** that you're straight".
Would you say **** if a girl said "[insert celebrity name] is my girl crush" or if a guy said "i'd go gay for him haha no ****"? I doubt it.

If anybody has a problem with the content of my posts you can talk to the admin about it, and from now on if I am basically told to stop talking about my sexuality in a completely normal manner (e.g. the same way straight people would) I will not be replying directly to the commenter and it will all be reported to the admin as harassment.

dude you probably know you come on strong. It's not just the sexuality thing, but the frequency of your posting. A lot of members don't take kindly to noobs who post like twenty times a day right off the bat, you know? Combine that with the fact that your posting is out of the ordinary, and you're making yourself very visible. That said, I think people are going to warm up to you, and you should keep posting about your bf and whatever the **** you want. This forum does have other gay members, but they tend to be a little quieter about it. Maybe it's a good thing that you're loud and proud? Maybe it'll help fix some of the casual homophobia around here? I dunno. TBH I don't think you saying someone has a ********* is so different from how female posters have historically been treated around here.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual homophobia in SF? I thought the whole forum was gay...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy day today:
tumblr_m1zjzerpCB1qb0bsz

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I like the old one as well, just haven't seen many shoots from Keira lately and she used to be my favorite actress a few years back. She needs to do more movies

Anduru

Reaction score
Anduru normally I'd agree with your post but your first like fifteen posts in this forum were most definitely flaunting your sexuality; if I remember your told at least one poster he had a ********* and while there aren't many female posters over here lately in, SZ there are, and that definitely wouldn't fly in the other direction. You're being judged by a first impression which was like, two weeks ago, so tone it back for awhile before getting on a soap box about equality.

Edit: and I do agree with AFL, just slow down for a little and get the feel for things around here and you'll be fine
redface.gif

That was ONE post, as a ******* joke. The rest of my posts were asking about why my ******* posts weren't being posted which also got everybody's panties in a knot.
If I were an ethnic minority and talked about it a lot nobody would dare say "We get it, you're black. Bravo."
If I were heterosexual and all the comments that are being bitched about were in reference to females instead, nobody would say ******* ****.
It is not my job to tone down anything to make a bunch of heterosexist douchebags less uncomfortable about it.

Hypocrisy, prejudice, and discrimination. That's all it is, and that's all it ever will be.

Anduru

Reaction score
dude you probably know you come on strong. It's not just the sexuality thing, but the frequency of your posting. A lot of members don't take kindly to noobs who post like twenty times a day right off the bat, you know? Combine that with the fact that your posting is out of the ordinary, and you're making yourself very visible. That said, I think people are going to warm up to you, and you should keep posting about your bf and whatever the **** you want. This forum does have other gay members, but they tend to be a little quieter about it. Maybe it's a good thing that you're loud and proud? Maybe it'll help fix some of the casual homophobia around here? I dunno. TBH I don't think you saying someone has a ********* is so different from how female posters have historically been treated around here.
Yeah, I don't really give a **** if people don't like me but if they're gonna be assholes and start attacking me based on completely discriminatory reasons, I am not going to play the pansy-ass ****** and roll over like a dead dog and take it.
Even in the gay community, there are "masculine" guys who are like "I ******* hate flaming faggots they make a bad name for us all because then everybody thinks we're like that."
Correction - if all of the closetfags came out and started acting just like heterosexuals in the way they talk about their life people would start to realize that oh my god, there are so many gay people that it's impossible to stereotype or generalize because guess what, they're humans too. Closetfags and even many openly gay men use the rebuttal "It's my personal business anyways and nobody needs to know." Oh, okay, that's totally normal, like how your coworkers don't talk about their wife (if male) or husband (if female) and kids, and don't have pictures of said loved ones on their desk.

The problem is NOT gay people making the exact same comments groups of heterosexual men make about women, it's the people who think that it IS a problem that are the problem.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anduru, you're a complete idiot.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anduru you didnt come here to talk about style / fashion / design etc

You came here to talk about your sexuality

Pretty much every post you have references it, your pretty histrionic man - can go into this more but really, your turning a thread about how straight guys would love girls to dress into a thread about you and your sexuality which is, in this act itself, awfully histrionic.

Tone it down man, if you want to get along, or dont, I dont really care, but will block you like most others and not really respond to you if you continue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics