• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how slim-fit are RL rugby ocbds

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
My problem with Rugby shirts is 1. the length and 2. the quality of the fabric. I don't like lightweight oxford cloth, I think it wrinkles too easily and the collars lose their shape. That said, great discount buys.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
I like them quite a bit actually. I have two of the "University Oxfords" which are a slightly slimmer fit than their normal ones I believe. I bought mediums and on my 6'2" frame, they fit well except for the sleeves being a tad short (not a huge deal--I usually roll them) and the length being a little long. I like the lack of logos. There is a very small tag on the right tail side of the bottom of the shirt, but it isn't anything that outrightly identifies it as a RL or Rugby product.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Acutally in my experience the University Oxfords are slightly less slim (and longer) than their previous collection Skull & Bones.

skiwebster

Reaction score
the 30% F&F online has already started:

Dates: 9/16 - 10/6
Promo Code: RLFA2008
Not valid on sale items

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, i am in between a BoO L and XL, so would a L in Ruby be about equal or should I size down?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i think you could maybe get away with a M, as the M isn't super fitted on me and I'm a BoO L. At the same time, going with a L in Rugby and getting it tailored will probably be a better shoulder/neck fit.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i think you could maybe get away with a M, as the M isn't super fitted on me and I'm a BoO L. At the same time, going with a L in Rugby and getting it tailored will probably be a better shoulder/neck fit.

thanks, that is always my problem with BoO and APC, the shoulders/chest are too small/narrow in the L and the body fits perfect and the XL fits perfect in the shoulders/chest, but then the body is boxy. it keeps my tailor busy i guess...

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
if the the shoulders on a L BOO are too small for you, you need a L in Rugby, as the M Rugby shoulder is smaller than a L BOO

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if the the shoulders on a L BOO are too small for you, you need a L in Rugby, as the M Rugby shoulder is smaller than a L BOO

thanks, i just wanted to be sure before i pulled the trigger, maybe i should just go try them on at the store first before i order...

JO3B

Reaction score
is anyone aware of uniqlo's ocbd's? size down one from your normal size for a great fit, albeit billowing if you tuck them in, nothing darting won't fix.

they just came out with a new burgandy one that i want pretty badly

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xchen how excited are you about f&f week at RRL???

I'm not going, actually. I'm taking a little break from buying ungodly amounts of clothing. When I get back into the mood to start shopping again I think I am going to move away from the whole western thing and get back to a classic look. I'll still wear some RRL, but I want to get into MC with some suits and dress shoes.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's RL Friends & Family sale. It extends to all the brands, I'd imagine. Blue Label, Black Label, Purple Label, RRL, and probably home as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads