• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much space do you have to prep food for cooking in your kitchen?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just don't buy many appliances and have them sitting out. When you do buy an appliance, always be mindful of the foot print.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah not much space here in my 1920s era apartment. If the owner updated the kitchen I would have a bit more space. Not a ton but every square inch would go a long way

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Previous kitchen in otherwise excellent 1-br condo:

DSC_2633.JPG

ffffuuuu.gif

New kitchen in the 1921 cape cod my wife and I bought last November:

PG7465156_9_0.jpg

inlove.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by random-adam
Previous kitchen in otherwise excellent 1-br condo:
DSC_2633.JPG

Ok, imagine everything to the right of the sink still being there, and everything to the left of the sink is no longer there and instead of the dishwasher, there is a 1/2 fridge, that's my kitchen.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
New kitchen. As an amateur cook, this has been a ton of fun.[/IMG]

Damn, I bet. Is that an extra couple of burners on the island?

Also, I would consider unspeakably immoral things to acquire a stove/hood combination like that.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
This is similar to what I currently have
frown.gif
. Also, some of that space is taken up by my microwave
ffffuuuu.gif

Get rid of it. I have a galley kitchen right now and when i first moved in my microwave was occupying a fair amount of counter space. The thing is, the only thing i've ever used a microwave for is defrosting bagels, reheating soup, and popcorn (and scrambled eggs before i learned to do them the proper way). I threw it out and don't miss it. Now I have a reasonable work surface.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by random-adam
Damn, I bet. Is that an extra couple of burners on the island?

Also, I would consider unspeakably immoral things to acquire a stove/hood combination like that.

Thanks! Actually in the island is one giant super burner.

5921591917_8d7614edc6_z.jpg

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Right now I have the biggest kitchen I've had access to since moving out of my parents house about ten years ago (~140 sq ft), but I have very little usable counter space, thanks to the 1950s "modernization" of what was likely an early 20th century butlers pantry (the larger kitchen became an oversized bathroom). Probably 2 usable feet at most.

We're currently working on a historically sensitive redesign that would add a much needed dishwasher, a 48" fridge, a 36" range, and at least two prep areas of at least 6 feet each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads