• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much do you spend on denim per year?

vanity

Reaction score
I won't spend more than $200 per pair or less than $100. That seems to be the "sweet spot" of jeans that I love and can justify in cost.

Unless I find Diesels or Earnest Sewns at Filene's. I'll scoop them up at rock bottom prices!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I refuse t list all of my jeans purchases, but the highlights are 5EP lowdown bootcuts and Studio D'Artisan D1002, and yet another pair of APC New Standards (I think that I go through Nudie and APC jeans about a pair each every year. The APC thing has been going on considerably longer, since Nudies are a comparative Johnny come lately. I think that I paid about 5 C-bills for those three pairs alone. And that is just scratching the surface. I justify the purchases as done in the name of research... right...

On the other hand, I think that tried on over 200 different models of jeans in 2006, maybe even closer to the 300 mark (a lot of those were crap, of course.) So, if sometimes my answers are a little off, cut me some slack. Answering from memory (even with notes) is sort of tough. And I take crap notes.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past month I've bought a pair of Slim Jims and have ordered a pair of Acne Mic Rigids and another pair of Slim Jims, in black.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Reading these threads makes me wish I wasn't so broke. Then again, so does watching people eat.

damn I hope you're joking

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
not including thrift i spent 420$ last year. not bad considering i bought 3 rrl, 2 lvc, 1 samurai, 1 sugarcane, and some japanese levis.

wow.gif
That's insane...where do you shop?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all over. got the rrl at the polo outlet and at burlington coat factory. japanese levis at ross. samurais from samurai. lvc from ebay and levis outlet. canes from here.(also another pair of canes from japan, but they were not bought... traded vintage denims for them)

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Purchased 3 pairs in 2006:

-Levi 514 black
-45RPM Jomons
-Cloak black stripped selvedge

Not planning to purchase anything in 2007 as those compliment my pre-existing jeans rotation quite nicely. I like to wear the same garments over and over again though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics