• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much do you sleep?

CaptChaos

Reaction score
I like to get about 8 hours of sleep and have been getting it about 50-60% of the time recently.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaptChaos
I like to get about 8 hours of sleep and have been getting it about 50-60% of the time recently.

You really need to get your Avatar back up. That is def one of the best on the forum.

I try to get 7.5 hrs of sleep per night because; I recently learned that a sleep cycle is approx 45 min? (1hr15min?) long (I forget which).

Apparently, it is much easier to wake up at the end of a sleep cycle as opposed to waking up in the middle of one. I guess one naturally comes out of sleep at the end of a cycle.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like to sleep because my dreams are fun and I remember most of them. At least for a few hours to a day. Things like free falling, running from the giant gorilla man, and shooting Michael Jackson with a flare gun.

One of these days I am going to work on astral projection

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my undergrad I went for 53 days without getting more than 5 hours of sleep a day and that really fucked me up. Normally I would need between 7-8, and I had a really healthy diet and active life. However, last year I got in an accident that put me in a coma, caused some amnesia, some minor longterm head problems and since then i have been needing more. Between sleep and naps I average probably close to 10 hours a day. Some like Mr. Checks would consider that slovenly, but I can't help it. I wish I could.

When my sister was in high school she got Mono and then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and ended up sleeping 22.5-23 hours a day for a year. She only got up to eat and go to the bathroom. She had to drop out of school for the year, that was really tough on her.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
So is lunch.

Jon.

Ya wanna friend? Get a dog, pal.

wall2.jpg

koji

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
After years of sleep deprivation, I now require 9 hours a night minimum. After 2-3 nights of 7 hours or less I literally start to crack up. If I can sneak in a night or two a week of 12+ hrs, I wake up with so much energy I feel like I could do anything...

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yanks2182

Reaction score
I try to get a reasonable amount of sleep as much as possible (at least 7 hours). I do find that no matter how much sleep I get I will still be somewhat tired. I guess that's why the invented caffeine.

tsloop

Reaction score
I lay in bed around 8 hours a night or so, but I never seem to get enough sleep, I just toss and turn and apparently I talk and do things in my sleep. I really should go do some kind of sleep study, but I dunno, It's been like this for years and I can still function alright.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads