• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hierarchy of "What Is Worth It?"

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
assuming you're referring to me.....I'm in my 30s, not 30.

Me, you, Youth Crew!

If the world was flat, I'd grind the edge.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frown.gif

thankfully ***** don't crink so I can pass for much younger

I've never heard that one.

I always use "Asian is amazin."

But it doesn't flow as well as "Black don't crack."

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
frown.gif
thankfully ***** don't crink so I can pass for much younger

Must be nice. I'm 21 and people assume I'm 25 or 26, but I think that its got a lot to do with the beard. *EDIT* in keeping with the topic, I dress a little like an old man, as well. My main priority is denim, and occasionally I splurge on sweaters. This also doesn't make me look young. I keep waiting for the day when college girls will be into tooled belts, plain t-shirts and tucked-in westerns. When this happens, I will be the ****.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hierarchy

1. Knits - I spend the most on
2. Shoes - for the above reasons
3. Shirts/pants/accessories

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
1. Booze/cigars: This stuff is going into my body so I might as well enjoy it. No need to go overboard, just buy what works for me. Same goes cigars.
2. Jeans: Haven't bought a pair of ****** jeans for almost a year. Prior to this money pit called "Style Forum," pants/jeans were usually the last thing I cared about. I was more concerned with what shirt/jacket I was wearing and would start a look from the top down; now it's the exact opposite.
3. Outerwear: I've come to realize that I ******* love light jackets as they double as functionality and an interesting centerpiece.
4. Shoes: Eventually I'll get into investing in nicer shoes but they take a back seat when living in a third-world country most of the year coupled with walking to school today in the rain and not wanting to dress up for rotations/class. I like what I have, I know I could do better, but really don't care.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
1. Booze/cigars: This stuff is going into my body so I might as well enjoy it. No need to go overboard, just buy what works for me. Same goes cigars.

Your budget-conscious approach may need a little tweaking - I don't see how any price is appropriate for Conne going into your body.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I splurge on: sportscoats, outerwear, shoes and pants (including jeans), sweaters (don't have that many though)

I pay good money for: belts and accessories

I'm usually cheap when it comes to: tees and sneakers

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Your budget-conscious approach may need a little tweaking - I don't see how any price is appropriate for Conne going into your body.
Now where did Santa leave his Christmas wish list? And with Santa Barbara only a weekend away, too. Looks like a vibrator and a Larry the Cable Guy DVD for this poor kid again.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.) Shoes

2.) A good FIT on suits, shirts, pants. It's worth it.

3.) Accessories like: Cuff Links, Neckties ( preferrably Hermes ), socks, belts.

4.) A good wristwatch.

5.) Last but not least, a good haircut and fragrance.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(1) Jackets - Noah, Nom de Guerre, W&H, APC, and Engineered
(2) Sneakers - CP's, Nike, Vans
(3) Shirts - APC, Engineered, Steven Alan, Polo

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like this tall skyscraper, before my eyes
positive construction, has a limitless sky..

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
as of right now:

1) jeans- hard to find a good fit and nice look with good construction/denim. Most expensive pair- $180 (pbjs), my other 2 pairs are $65 and $42 (apc grey and j.lindeberg slim raw)

2) outerwear/jackets/hoodies- it's hard for me to find outerwear that isn't boxy. Right now, the only decent things i have are my inapt peacoat ($100), this f2 jacket ($20 on deep sale) and a couple cheap hoodies and cardigans (no more than $20)

3) shoes- I'm still in college and expensive shoes aren't as necessary for me yet. The most expensive shoes i have are my german army trainers ($65 after shipping and proxy fees). The shoes i have are decent and not that ubiquitous (apc x nike, gola stride) but i still like the looks of chucks and sperry topsiders (have a pair off ebay for $30). However, i've been eying a few NDC shoes though so i'm sure this will change.

4) shirts- I don't have any dress shirts at the moment but some western shirts and casual shirts that i like. If i can find a color pattern and fit that i really like, i'll pay some money but i don't think i have any that cost me more than $30.

5) tshirts- the most expensive tshirts/vnecks/henleys i have are from MJK which were $30 and i have 3 of them. My other stuff is dirt cheap $10-15 BDG, AA, Gap athletic tees.

6) knits- I desperately need some as i actually have zero. I have 1 merino wool gap sweater but i'm not a fan of the color and the sleeves are a little short. Jet got me salivating with those Raf sweaters a week or two ago. I'm looking to step this part up once it gets closer to fall.

In a few months the list will probably look like this:

1)shoes
2)jeans
3)outerwear/jackets/hoodies
4)knits
5)shirts
6)tshirts

I try to keep my purchase prices down as i only own 1 item over $101 (my pbjs). I'm relatively happy with my wardrobe but certainly need a nice pair of shoes, a nice dress shirt or two and a nice sweater or two. Those are at the top of my list.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do want to point out a couple of things that I didn't get across in my post above - while I don't think any shoes or clothing on the market are worth paying full retail, I do think much of what I've paid on discount for is worth what I've actually spent. Although I probably don't need as much of it as I actually have.

The other thing is that I think services, such as tailoring (especially suits), are worth paying full retail for, while RTW clothing and RTW shoes are more of a commodity and I try to get the lowest price for those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads