• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey guys. Shirt+Shoes question.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
I've recently decided to grow up my dress style. I just had a couple questions for you:

Firstly, what kind of shoes would you fellas suggest for every-day wear and tear with khakis? I am quite tired of wearing sneakers from Foot Locker. Right now I am just wearing my Sperry boat shoes everywhere I go.

Secondly I had a shirt sizing question. Last year I purchased a few crappy dress shirts from a business casual store. I am 6'2, 205, 34'' waist. The neck size is 15 inches on them (a little tight) and the sleeve isn't listed.

But the main issue is that they are WAY too short (they untuck when I put my arms in the air). I plan on getting into my local Harry Rosen here in Ottawa to pick up some nicer stuff, but I don't know what size to go for... I am sure that they can help me there but I'd just like a little intelligence going in. Also this is for when I go to Ebay and need to know sizes. For dress shirts that simply go S M L XL what should I be getting?

Thanks guys!

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
penny loafers would look good with khakis in the summer

some shirt manufacturers have 15R and 15L, L meaning long. often regular european shirts (no R or L, just the number) are pretty long.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
penny loafers would look good with khakis in the summer some shirt manufacturers have 15R and 15L, L meaning long. often regular european shirts (no R or L, just the number) are pretty long.
I'll look into Penny loafers! I have actually been considering these... what do you think... versatile? http://cgi.ebay.com/ERMENEGILDO-ZEGN...3%3A1|294%3A50
Originally Posted by dsbkoko
Don't get shirts that measure S, M, L, XL. They aren't dress shirts.
Gotcha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads