• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma Sizing

gsugsu

Reaction score
I have been looking at Rafaele Caruso Sartoria Parma suits on Yoox and wondered if someone could give me a heads up on sizing. My chest measurement is between 44 and 45 inches. The armpit to armpit measurement of my current suits are around 46 inches (22 x 2) and the shoulder measurements tend to be about 19.5 inches. I used to be fairly confident in choosing 44 R but this is no longer a certainty with some brands. Does anyone have an idea of what the chest measurement of a Caruso 54 EU (44 US) suit coat is? Would it be safe to go with the 54 EU or go up to the 56?

From my searches of threads on SF, Caruso tends to be well regarded and the Sartorio Parma seems to be the top level of his suits. Is the current Yoox sale pricing a good value for the money?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would second DrDucky's comments.
I have a 44-45 chest and I like a reasonably fitted jacket.
My Caruso is a 54R and is snug with quite narrow shoulders.
Of all my suits, this jacket is the one that fit me best off-the-rack.
The trousers are cut quite slim in the seat and thighs.

Wicky

Reaction score
Mmmmmm, I have a different view. Due to Caruso being cut slim I have to go up a size. In Borrelli or Kiton I am a straight 50EU, whereas in the Sartoria Parma line I have to take a EU52.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word, go with your 44R, they can be let out a bit if needed.
Sizing up in suits never works well for me.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Word, go with your 44R, they can be let out a bit if needed.
Sizing up in suits never works well for me.

Agreed. I am somewhat in the market for a Caruso as well and a local shop has their stock at 50% off at the moment. I am a pretty standard Eu48 and unfortunately the smallest the shop had was Eu50. Even as they are cut small I would still need a Eu48. So my judgement would be to stick with your standard size.

As an interesting side note, I was speaking with the manager of the shop for some time and he was saying that many larger retailers have over bought over the summer and have a large amount of stock going unsold. He said he expects a lot of the off retailers to be picking up a lot of this stock in the coming months, which should be good for us...
smile.gif
... as he said RLBL is in this mix.

gsugsu

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the responses; they have helped quite a bit. As it happens, I would have gone with the 56(46) ut they were out of stock at Yoox so the lag in responses actually helped me.

Thanks,

G

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads