• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with a Valentino 100% Vicuna Jacket - Size 42

jbayrock

Reaction score
I recently came across a 100% Vicuna Jacket by Valentino. I am looking at prices for Vicuna jackets online and realize this jacket is very valuable. Does anyone know how I can find a value for this?

I have attached three pictures. [ATTACHMENT=4310]photo (1).JPG (708k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=4311][ATTACHMENT=4312]photo.JPG (701k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

gsugsu

Reaction score
There is a recent thread discussing vicuña and prices. Use the search function and you should be able to find it. I also think Spoo has a good knowledge base.

jbayrock

Reaction score
I can speak to its provenance. It was a lucky find for me.

The jacket is in perfect condition. Unfortunately it isn't a great fit on me so ill likely sell it. What do you think a fair price is ?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I can speak to its provenance. It was a lucky find for me.
The jacket is in perfect condition. Unfortunately it isn't a great fit on me so ill likely sell it. What do you think a fair price is ?

Lucky is right.

Ive never heard of a Valentino vicuna, so nothing to base this on except professional experience - so just a guess - I would estimate $650.

jbayrock

Reaction score
Why would you estimate such a low value?
I just realized I forgot to include the main picture of the actual jacket!

See attached photo here.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jbayrock

Reaction score
About why I'd estimate a higher price. The material (100% Vicuna) and the designer (Valentino) would lead me to believe it's worth more. Also, while taking measurements earlier I flipped the label over an found the price tag. I have attached the image of the price tag of $7,500.

[ATTACHMENT=4613]Price tag from Vicuna jacket (1,339k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]Here are the measurements I just took of the jacket.

Chest pit to pit: 22.5"
Shoulder 18.5" across
Length 30.25"
Sleeve shoulder to middle end point of cuff 23.5"

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You may or may not get more than 650 for it. The proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating - so take some good photos, including the fabric tags etc, and list it. Either here starting at your own price to gauge interest or put it on ebay and let the 'market' decide. Sleeves are painfully short for me, which is a good thing I guess as I was slightly tempted for a second :) Good luck with the sale.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

About why I'd estimate a higher price. The material (100% Vicuna) and the designer (Valentino) would lead me to believe it's worth more. Also, while taking measurements earlier I flipped the label over an found the price tag. I have attached the image of the price tag of $7,500.
[ATTACHMENT=4613]Price tag from Vicuna jacket (1,339k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]Here are the measurements I just took of the jacket.
Chest pit to pit: 22.5"
Shoulder 18.5" across
Length 30.25"
Sleeve shoulder to middle end point of cuff 23.5"

I really wouldn't get your hopes up. I just sold an Anderson & Sheppard bespoke vicuna jacket, which likely cost 3x what yours did, for $721.

jbayrock

Reaction score
I've noticed a recurring theme every time I ask for an opinion on here. I posted a pair of JM Weston's a while back and received very low opinions of value, some saying they were near worthless. A week later I posted them on eBay and got a very full price, far beyond any of the responses I got on here.

I'm hoping for a similar outcome here with this piece. We'll know in a few days. I'll report back my results.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads