• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with 1st real suit purchase

Factor Xll

Reaction score
First time poster and wanted some tips. I am looking for a multipurpose suit, for weddings, job interviews, etc. I don't need to wear a suit on a daily basis for my job. I have a suit from undergrad, but now i am finishing up my grad work, i need a new suit. I am also on a budget, around 700 range would be fine. I took a spin around Macy's, Banana Republic, Jcrew, and Nordstrom today. http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3023542/...bo=6015296&P=1 This particular suit appealed to me the most. It was $700 in the store The Banana Republic ones were too casual for me. Macy's selection was bare The J.Crew in my area didn't even have suits, but the website had some. I like this one in particular. This one was $590 http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...1707/11707.jsp I have a black suit (that i hate), already, so I planning on Navy or Charcoal. Which one, in terms of quality is better and is a better buy? ps. I don't need a suit thats gonna last me forever, a few years (with 3-4 wears a year) would be fine. Thanks in advance
worship.gif

politico

Reaction score
I have that Hugo Boss. It's awesome, looks great, perfect cut for my body style, fit like a glove off the rack.

I paid retail for it, and I think it was worht every penny. It's super 120's half canvass, good construction. If you can get it for $500 it's a pretty good deal

Get it in a solid color, some brown shoes, you'll look like a million bucks.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second the Boss suit. I know it doesn't get a lot of love here, but I have a BOSS suit that fits perfectly!

See if you can get this at a discount (shouldn't be too hard). Bloomies frequently has all their BOSS lines with discounts.

good luck and good choice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads