• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me on a Caruso suit

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure yfyf's suits are bespoke...

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
I'm pretty sure yfyf's suits are bespoke...
Yes he told me , from Napoli, but I don´t like the shoulder where he is getting the camera.. Otherwise is great. Please let me a hand on the Caruso please. It´s me on the right with a Zileri , on the left the Caruso flannel one that I like. It seems the same right? Does it worth buying ? I thought the flannel one would look heavier but...looks as a clone.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Caruso from the same lot as the one you are considering. Same SP for Gemmeti Gemmeti. The shoulders are very lightly padded. The one on the right is Caruso. The cloth is Barbera flannel is what seems quite a heavy weight
COmp2-1.jpg

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
I have a Caruso from the same lot as the one you are considering. Same SP for Gemmeti Gemmeti. The shoulders are very lightly padded.

The one on the right is Caruso. The cloth is Barbera flannel is what seems quite a heavy weight

COmp2-1.jpg

Ey thanks for your help friend.
smile.gif
I loooove the shoulders on the right one.

How heavy in grams is that flannel ? If you live in India, that is hot place , same as mine or warmer.. Is not so heavy ? I plan to use it just in Winter ´ cause I always wanted to have a flannel suit. Otherwise I buy the all season super light ones.
Thanks

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Not for me - I am too infected by SF groupthink, I already had 3 flannel suits before this one. I sold a Corneliani lightweight S150s wool to buy this.
facepalm.gif

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Yes he told me , from Napoli, but I don´t like the shoulder where he is getting the camera.. Otherwise is great. Please let me a hand on the Caruso please.

It´s me on the right with a Zileri , on the left the Caruso flannel one that I like. It seems the same right?

Does it worth buying ? I thought the flannel one would look heavier but...looks as a clone.

[/url]

spalla, i have a caruso flannel that is beautifully put together. but be aware that it has a much stronger shoulder than many other carusos. it is hard to tell definitively, but based on the picture you posted i would not be surprised if this one too has a strong shoulder. make sure you are able to return it if it doesn't work out for you.

BTW the zileri looks good on you.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig
spalla, i have a caruso flannel that is beautifully put together. but be aware that it has a much stronger shoulder than many other carusos. it is hard to tell definitively, but based on the picture you posted i would not be surprised if this one too has a strong shoulder. make sure you are able to return it if it doesn't work out for you.

BTW the zileri looks good on you.

The seller actually told me it got not Spalla camiccia shoulders but not very padded ones.

Thanks for the compliments!
blush.gif

I suspect Caruso and Zileri are the same brand under two comercial names, are both are from Parma, Italy and those two suits had the exactly same measures, one tagged 46, mine 48. Strange...

I am interested on a chalk stripe as this Vacca but with softer shoulders, how is that compared to the Caruso?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Yes he told me , from Napoli, but I don´t like the shoulder where he is getting the camera.. Otherwise is great. Please let me a hand on the Caruso please.

It´s me on the right with a Zileri , on the left the Caruso flannel one that I like. It seems the same right?

Does it worth buying ? I thought the flannel one would look heavier but...looks as a clone.

What visual differences do you find between mine and the other please?

Would it look like if I wear the same twice?

Sorry for the bump. I need your expert advice folks.
blush.gif
worship.gif

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
aside from the differences in shade, the higher button point of your zileri (assuming you only wear the middle button on the caruso) and the more open quarters of the caruso, the two are very similar. up to you as to whether these are sufficiently meaningful differences to warrant another buy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics