• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

help me match this v neck

PreacherBoy1611

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I have no camera so I will do my best to describe this. It is an Armani Exchange v neck sweater. The color is gray and has some black in it. The collar is white followed by black followed by purple followed by black and finally white. I will be wearing this with a suit and tie in the great windy city.
 

DerekS

Guyliner
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
8,625
Reaction score
4,843
Let me be the first to say....this sounds like an AWESOME sweater. Armani exchange is my favorite. Hopefully it has the huge A/X on the front as well. id probably pair it with a black suit and some nice Aldo shoes. maybe a black dress shirt under it as well....probably skip a tie.

memo to the people of chicago...hide your daughters...cat daddy is on the prowl!

oh, the best match would probably be anything Pauly D from jersey shore would wear.
 

PreacherBoy1611

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I know you are being sarcastic but I just want to sig that entire thing. I found it at goodwill and I needed a sweater that was warm due to the fact I have a lake right behind my dorm room
 

DerekS

Guyliner
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
8,625
Reaction score
4,843
very sarcastic.
glad you can take a joke....in all seriousness....i wouldnt wear it. Ive never been a fan of any sweater that has more than 1 color to it.
 

PreacherBoy1611

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I may just pair it with black, that idea I do like. I really need to get married soon so the girl I marry picks what I wear because I don't want to always post on here LOL
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,744
Reaction score
2,690
Originally Posted by PreacherBoy1611
I have no camera so I will do my best to describe this. It is an Armani Exchange v neck sweater. The color is gray and has some black in it. The collar is white followed by black followed by purple followed by black and finally white. I will be wearing this with a suit and tie in the great windy city.

Pics or GTFO!
 

DerekS

Guyliner
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
8,625
Reaction score
4,843
Originally Posted by ter1413
Pics or GTFO!

hahahahaha. im really trying to picture this...
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,744
Reaction score
2,690
Originally Posted by DerekS
hahahahaha. im really trying to picture this...

think i found it:

 

PreacherBoy1611

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
oh no no, even I wouldn't wear that and I have a myriad of paisley colored shirts.
The collar is the colored part.
 

DerekS

Guyliner
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
8,625
Reaction score
4,843
Originally Posted by ter1413
think i found it:



bahahahahahahaha!!!!
 

atila

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
411
Reaction score
22
Originally Posted by DerekS
Let me be the first to say....this sounds like an AWESOME sweater. Armani exchange is my favorite. Hopefully it has the huge A/X on the front as well. id probably pair it with a black suit and some nice Aldo shoes. maybe a black dress shirt under it as well....probably skip a tie.

memo to the people of chicago...hide your daughters...cat daddy is on the prowl!

oh, the best match would probably be anything Pauly D from jersey shore would wear.


5/5
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,512
Reaction score
12,028
Originally Posted by PreacherBoy1611
I may just pair it with black, that idea I do like. I really need to get married soon so the girl I marry picks what I wear because I don't want to always post on here LOL

 

ChicagoMediaMan

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
598
Reaction score
7
Originally Posted by PreacherBoy1611
I may just pair it with black, that idea I do like. I really need to get married soon so the girl I marry picks what I wear because I don't want to always post on here LOL

 

DerekS

Guyliner
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
8,625
Reaction score
4,843
Originally Posted by PreacherBoy1611
I may just pair it with black, that idea I do like. I really need to get married soon so the girl I marry picks what I wear because I don't want to always post on here LOL

i suppose being able to dress yourself is a task in and of itself....
 

Gwarg

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
331
Reaction score
57
Please don't wear this with a suit, especially a black one.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,062
Messages
9,191,287
Members
193,040
Latest member
xagfantar

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top