• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me identify these Santonis

snofox

Reaction score
I think these are FAM. Bought them new at a pretty hefty discount - that probably means there may not be other pair of the same shoe for sale. I want another similar pair as a gift, but haven't been able to find any other Santonis (or other brands for that matter) that have a similar design. Any help identifying the model or similar models would be appreciated!
259420317_1053838995192815_6148098764255343961_n.jpg
258136577_616919876410126_1422751122634838276_n.jpg
258362994_274866254580093_4820950300133581765_n.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The FAM line has different markings. Those are from the mainline. As for the model, I’m really not sure.

SantonI shoes are nice but it’s also a somewhat obscure brand. They have, or at least last time I was in NYC had, a boutique on MadAve but otherwise they are a bit hard to find in person. Some of the Nordstrom flagship stores carry them.

snofox

Reaction score
The FAM line has different markings. Those are from the mainline. As for the model, I’m really not sure.

SantonI shoes are nice but it’s also a somewhat obscure brand. They have, or at least last time I was in NYC had, a boutique on MadAve but otherwise they are a bit hard to find in person. Some of the Nordstrom flagship stores carry them.

I'm fairly certain they were sold as "hand crafted" at the time (2016ish), but I might have misunderstood what that entailed :) Thank you - would appreciate more input if anyone else has any more information.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain they were sold as "hand crafted" at the time (2016ish), but I might have misunderstood what that entailed :) Thank you - would appreciate more input if anyone else has any more information.
Like Phileas said that’s their entry level line - they have five levels if I recall. In order: Mainline, FAM, Goodyear, Limited Edition, Uniqua. Mainline will just be labeled Santoni. The others have additional markings and stampings to tell you which tier it is.

snofox

Reaction score
Like Phileas said that’s their entry level line - they have five levels if I recall. In order: Mainline, FAM, Goodyear, Limited Edition, Uniqua. Mainline will just be labeled Santoni. The others have additional markings and stampings to tell you which tier it is.

Okay, I didn't realize there were always additional markings on the higher lines - from what I've seen in other threads it seemed it was pretty hard to differentiate. Still very happy with the look and feel of them :)

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As said before: definitely not “fam” but their regular line - the model is pretty standard and something that you’d see around often a handful of years ago.

I have (had) quite a few pairs of Santoni but haven’t bought any new ones in years: their lasts are all over the place and imo unless bought on sale they really aren’t worth the money. For the same money as this main line you can get entry line Antonio Meccariello or Carmina or TLB or something which is a nicer shoe for the money

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I didn't realize there were always additional markings on the higher lines - from what I've seen in other threads it seemed it was pretty hard to differentiate. Still very happy with the look and feel of them :)

thats what matters.

snofox

Reaction score
As said before: definitely not “fam” but their regular line - the model is pretty standard and something that you’d see around often a handful of years ago.

I have (had) quite a few pairs of Santoni but haven’t bought any new ones in years: their lasts are all over the place and imo unless bought on sale they really aren’t worth the money. For the same money as this main line you can get entry line Antonio Meccariello or Carmina or TLB or something which is a nicer shoe for the money

I actually tracked down the link for the original listing. They are listed as Limited Edition Santoni Salem (obviously doesn't mean they are). Still no luck in finding a pair with the same hole pattern style around the laces (even knowing the model), but thanks for the feedback.

lesterdiamond780

Reaction score
I actually tracked down the link for the original listing. They are listed as Limited Edition Santoni Salem (obviously doesn't mean they are). Still no luck in finding a pair with the same hole pattern style around the laces (even knowing the model), but thanks for the feedback.
These actually aren't limited edition or Salem's. They are mainline santoni Orrin's

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads