• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Are these C&Js?

MontyChapman

Reaction score
This week, I came across a menswear store with most of its stock on SALE. They were big Brooks Brothers importers so they were trying to get rid of their old Brooks Brothers stock. They also had a selection of dress shoes on sale and the only one they had in my size was a NOS Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers wingtip brogues. It was a decent price (£199) for this brand new NOS pair, so I decided to get it. The shopkeeper said that C&J made shoes for Brooks Brother's Peal & Co name and the pair I bought were C&Js.

I was wondering if this really is the case?

I've spent the last hour comparing many English brogues but none of them has the distinct swan neck broguing seen on my Peal & Co. pair.

Please find images of the shoes below:

IMG_2419.jpg
IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg
IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

MontyChapman

Reaction score
Are these the C&J handgrade line? I was told closed channel soles were only featured on C&J's Handgrade line shoes, not the Benchgrade ones.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind these aren’t C&J. They are Peal & Co. made by C&J to the formers specs.

You got a good deal. Enjoy them. The days of Brooks carrying English made shoes are over. Perhaps even Brooks is over, but that’s in a different thread.

MontyChapman

Reaction score
Keep in mind these aren’t C&J. They are Peal & Co. made by C&J to the formers specs.

You got a good deal. Enjoy them. The days of Brooks carrying English made shoes are over. Perhaps even Brooks is over, but that’s in a different thread.

That makes sense. It's a shame; I was hoping to pick up more of these Peal & Co. ones. I might go back to the store and see if they have more.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have not noticed any difference in quality between my C&J for Brooks shoes and my regular branded C&J shoes. Many models even just looked rebadged stock models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads