• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harrys of London. Dress shoes with rubber soles?

dcstyle

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to find a pair of shoes with flat rubber soles, similar to the Harry of London Downing shoe:

http://www.harrysoflondon.com/produc...alf-green-sole
They retail online for USD $483

Apparently they are only stocked at the NYC Bloomingdales and Saks. Having spoken to the salesman at Bloom - he stated that the shoes in terms of quality are ok, but Ferragamos are better. After having heard that I'm not comfortable dropping nearly $500 on a pair of not so well made shoes.

I am trying to avoid the junk that's typically in shoe stores, but want something well made with a modern profile and rubber sole. I have seen nice looking dress shoes with rubber soles in Dubai and London, but can't seem to find anything like that in the US. Some have stated that you can find better shoes at the price point, so please tell me where else I can look.

Tks

cwindsor

Reaction score
Dear DCStyle,

At Harrys of London we pride ourselves on the quality of our materials and manufacturing standards. We would happily provide you a gifted pair of our Downing loafers if you were to find something of comparable quality in the market. There may be other rubber soled brands on the market but its whats on the inside that counts.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Harrys of London

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You can't say fairer than that!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i visited a harrys store when i was in london recently and was blown away, they have beautiful shoes, and exactly what i was looking for. my only problem is, they are a bit high priced for me at the moment

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads