• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hangover

Enrico

Reaction score
Guys,

Already after drinking a few beers or having less hours sleep than normal, the day after my face shows signs of a heavy night out, especially around my eyes (under my eyes my skin turns dark).

I'm working at the pale skin (sun) and I use eyedrops against the sore eyes but I didn't find anything yet to "energize" my face and make me look like I'm in the shape I really am. The thing is I FEEL ok on those days and I AM in great shape. But somehow all tiredness, stress or whatsoever is concentrating on that particucal part of my body everybody notices: my face.

I've tried Biothem and Lab Series but they don't seem to work that well.

Well, I made it sound a lot worse than it is. Anyway, your advice is needed.

Tips, anybody?

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
I find that it gives a longer term fix than temporary and makes it easier to face the rest of the day. You can find me almost every Saturday and Sunday morning on my couch with the mask on for about 10 minutes.

DC_Brit

Reaction score
Just to widen this a teeny bit - much water will always help. Difficult to have too much and what a difference it makes.

Plus I personally find a shot of wheatgrass juice really helps the whole system along, but phew I need the ornge juice chaser.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drinks lots of water
use an under eye cream to moisturize
and those oscar+dehn masks are great for relaxation

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had the worst hangover in the history of the world on sunday. i previously went with the lots of rest, lots of regular water, and down a big bottle of perrier routine. this works, though very slowly. so this time a relative suggested i try mixing clamato, soy sauce (a dab), lemon juice, and a touch of beer. it didn't help at all. i didn't add the beer though, that may have done the trick. btw, the mixture doesn't taste bad at all. sounds similar to a bloody mary.

Michael

Reaction score
i had the worst hangover in the history of the world on sunday. i previously went with the lots of rest, lots of regular water, and down a big bottle of perrier routine. this works, though very slowly. so this time a relative suggested i try mixing clamato, soy sauce (a dab), lemon juice, and a touch of beer. it didn't help at all. i didn't add the beer though, that may have done the trick. btw, the mixture doesn't taste bad at all. sounds similar to a bloody mary.

This sounds like a hair-of-the-dog remedy to me.  The name should tell you something about its effectiveness, and if you actually KNOW where the name comes from, you'll realize that it's probably not the best idea.  Personally, when I've had 1 (case) too many, I go home and drink a gallon of water, literally.  I never feel bad in the morning, in fact, I don't even get the tiniest head-ache.

PS: My headaches are hellacious if I can't get my water.

marc37

Reaction score
Take 4 tablespoons of brewers yeast in a litre of water. Then take 15,000 mg (30 tablets) of chlorella/spirilina. (This mega rich B vitamin, predigested protein, chloropyll food type seems to have the ability to absorb the alcohol and poisons [in the body] and allow it to metabolize the alcohol quicker. When you get home drink 10 glasses of water. l can drink a bottle of wiskey and mix drinks all night and l never have a hangover. lf l forget to do this, l will be crook for ages and spew my guts up. lf you don't want to do this: try bacon and eggs. You will feel awful for 40 minutes; suddenly you will start to feel better. Not completely but better.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads