• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haircut for college

Resin

Reaction score
I'm going to be going to school at the University of Colorado (at Boulder).

I'm not going to attempt facial hair, let alone douchey facial hair, considering I can't grow any lol

I've tried something similar to a fauxhawk once and I thought it actually looked pretty good, but then again I am here for your advice.

The main thing I want is something that looks good with little effort, like you said. However, I'm not sure what that entails exactly.

mcs5280

Reaction score
Well if your gonna be at Boulder just grow some dreads. /thread

mpascotti

Reaction score
I would be pretty shocked if anybody confused you for a COLLEGE sophomore. You look like a high school student, which is not a bad thing.

Go with the ivy cut, classic yet stylish,

hootdocta5

Reaction score
I would buy a pair of nice clippers from target, go with a #3 clip on bottom, #5 clip in middle and hand cut the top to about 1.25 inches and blend the lines. You could then use a little pomade or something like that for your wavy hair and give it that "straight out of bed" look.

That way you can save your money for more important things and you could basically cut your hair yourself once you do it a few times.

Resin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hootdocta5
I would buy a pair of nice clippers from target, go with a #3 clip on bottom, #5 clip in middle and hand cut the top to about 1.25 inches and blend the lines. You could then use a little pomade or something like that for your wavy hair and give it that "straight out of bed" look.

That way you can save your money for more important things and you could basically cut your hair yourself once you do it a few times.

I actually have some clippers somewhere in this house, so I may try this while I still have time left in summer to grow it back out if it doesn't look good.

Originally Posted by mpascotti
I would be pretty shocked if anybody confused you for a COLLEGE sophomore. You look like a high school student, which is not a bad thing.

Go with the ivy cut, classic yet stylish,

Hahah noo, I meant high school sophomore, my bad. Yeah, even today someone commented on how much younger I look than I actually am (they were trying to set me up with their 8th grade niece
confused.gif
)

LTJazz

Reaction score
I second the clipper recommendation. You really can't go wrong with a nice, short haircut.

Resin

Reaction score
I think I will go with the ivy league cut for now and see how that goes. I would try the clipper cut, but I have no experience using clippers and it looks like they got thrown out anyway.

Anyone have any good reference pictures that I could show the person cutting my hair (the term escapes me at the moment)?

uvmboi13

Reaction score
My two friends who are girls just saw your hair and they are obsessed with it. They said leave it alone or they'll fly out to Colorado and scream at you!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll look too much like Tucker Max if you cut your hair short

Resin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uvmboi13
My two friends who are girls just saw your hair and they are obsessed with it. They said leave it alone or they'll fly out to Colorado and scream at you!
Lol why can't I find these kinds of girls where I live?

Originally Posted by willpower
You'll look too much like Tucker Max if you cut your hair short
Who?

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
I didnt know people got hair cuts in college? Let it grow out!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads