• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Well I meant a .22 AR. S&W or Tacsol, depending on budget.

Nah, have a 22 rifle now so would want another sized round.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holy....******* ****..

I would NOT want to be on the opposite end of that magnum.

The recoil on that is INSANE.

:wow:

Last edited:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say, it's a solid sidearm. I am not convinced yet that it has any significant advantages over the GLOCK though.

I have one and love how soft is shoots. The trigger is ****, agree and will replace mine for an apex at some point, I also want a match barrel with compensator for 3gun. As to advantages over glock... it's called ergonomics... the glock is a solid gun but is like grabbing a 2x4, not my thing...

Last edited:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy....******* ****..

I would NOT want to be on the opposite end of that magnum.

The recoil on that is INSANE.

:wow:

The 500 is no jake in the recoil department when shooting the heaviest loads, but it's not that bad. The grip is really well designed, which matters so much - had some fancy wood grips on Smith 629 (44 Mag) that made shooting that pretty awful, but it was no problem at all with the stock Pachmyrs. It does have a lot of energy, but he is shooting those melons from like five feet away....

-H

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Good morning at the range. Trying to dial in my new scope for the 10/22 and got three groupings of about 1-1.5" at 50 yards. While I kept getting closer to "zero" not quite there yet. Think I need to either get a new stock with an integrated cheek rest or a cheek rest for this stock. Think I'll go with the new stock. I like the looks of something like this:

10_22_newgroup.jpg

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those look nice... who makes them ? $$$ ?

I just got a 10/22 and cannot wait to go to the range to shoot it... but getting 22 LR ammo is becoming almost impossible (at reasonable prices).

Anyway, of those two I like the red gray the most.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

those look nice... who makes them ? $$$ ?

I just got a 10/22 and cannot wait to go to the range to shoot it... but getting 22 LR ammo is becoming almost impossible (at reasonable prices).

Anyway, of those two I like the red gray the most.

There's a bunch of them on ebay. Be careful to make sure you get one that fits what barrel you have (factory or the 920 "bull pup" one). Those I think are Revolution stocks but just to an ebay search for 10/22 stock and see all the various ones that come up. Can grab these for between $150 and $190 depending on model.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a Thompson? I'd really like to own one as a nod to my gaming past (original call of duty for PC).

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to modding my AK. First was a trigger replacement and new trigger pin retainer plate. I'm adding a picatinny quad rail from Midwest Industries, collapsible stock from Command Arms (aluminum tube), and a short vertical grip from tapco. Can't wait to shoot it once all the mods are finished. It was too short for my frame making it awkward to hold, and the trigger slap was awful.

Last edited:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You mean like this?
Yup , except not with the drum magazine. I saw a YouTube video of an older war vet shooting a modern replica and either he's a great shot or the Thompson is still accurate as hell. I bet it's a heavy mofo though.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah, in the bottom pic I have the 30rd stick. The sticks are the most reliable, but simply dumping a 50rd drum is incredible fun!

There are two common 'styles' of TSMG, the Model of 1928 as above, and the M1 style. The M1 has the actuator on the side rather than the top, and only has the horizontal foregrip. It was the 'simplfied' version created to meet demand during WWII, when the Model of 1928 style could not be produced fast enough. The M1 does not take a drum, while the 1928 takes either. While the gun itself is surprisingly heavy, with a full 50 rd drum it is really heavy, and with a full 100rd drum its ridiculous.

Thompsons are remarkably accurate, even with the 10" barrel on the Class III Thompsons, and are remarkably controllable in burst fire, unlike some fully automatic subguns. The modern replicas might be more accurate, as they have significantly longer barrels.

But aren't you in NJ or NY?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads