• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey hair

moosy

Reaction score
My hair has slowly greyed since I was 25. Now that I am 30 it has become so apparent and it bothers me. It probably should not but it does. I have tried some of those hair colours - Grecian and Just For Men (made by the same company and essentially the same thing) and I am not very happy. Beyond the fact that it leaves my hair with one colour and looses my natural shades (brown) and thus does not look natural - it does not last long. The grey hair seems to come back quickly. Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Thanks
biggrin.gif

misterbowles

Reaction score
My hair has slowly greyed since I was 25. Now that I am 30 it has become so apparent and it bothers me. It probably should not but it does. I have tried some of those hair colours - Grecian and Just For Men (made by the same company and essentially the same thing) and I am not very happy. Beyond the fact that it leaves my hair with one colour and looses my natural shades (brown) and thus does not look natural - it does not last long. The grey hair seems to come back quickly. Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Thanks Â
biggrin.gif
Go to a reputable salon and have it professionally done. Skilled colorists can really work magic.

marc37

Reaction score
Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works.

lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries.

Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.

johnw86

Reaction score
lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries. ... This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.
And you thought the grey was the problem--turns out it's the least of your worries. (Good news is, you're only 30.).
sarcasm.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copper, huh? That's a new one to me.

I thought about getting a gradual dye-job a couple years back -- getting it done over the course of several months at a salon so as not to be too obvious. In the end, I decided not to as I thought it would just be too much trouble (not to mention expensive) -- going to get the color touched up every 3-4 weeks for the next several decades.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hair has slowly greyed since I was 25. Now that I am 30 it has become so apparent and it bothers me. It probably should not but it does. I have tried some of those hair colours - Grecian and Just For Men (made by the same company and essentially the same thing) and I am not very happy. Beyond the fact that it leaves my hair with one colour and looses my natural shades (brown) and thus does not look natural - it does not last long. The grey hair seems to come back quickly. Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Thanks Â
biggrin.gif
Enjoy the distinguished look, many women find greying hair to be attractive, distinguished and very upper class looking, do not feel down and out....allow the natural look to benefit you.

pinchi22

Reaction score
You might try not dyeing the sideburns; might be a more natural look.

I´ve seen marketing for a more upscale product (MiN, I believe it´s called), though I haven´t tried it. Has anyone?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might try not dyeing the sideburns; might be a more natural look.  
Sometimes this look might work, but I've seen it look so obviously fake (dye-job) too, where the top is perfectly uniform black or dark brown (i.e., no gray at all) and then here are the mostly gray sideburns. I think if someone's really got alot of gray, the best option is to have a pro work-it ever 3-4 weeks.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works.

lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries.

Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.
Nothing wheatgrass can't cure, eh Marc?

Jon.

Ed13

Reaction score
My hair has been greying since the age of 16. I don't believe that I have a "disease". One side of my family has often gone grey early. I have had people try to talk me into a dye job but I have always refused. Now that I am 33 the grey is very noticable. It doesn't bother me at all. Every time I see a friend who is going bald I know I am the lucky one. I would rather have grey hair than no hair at all.

water

Reaction score
I think greying hair looks fine. And bald is beautiful. Who loves ya baby.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, no. Graying is a natural function. Men gray sooner than women, but the tendency to gray early, late or not at all also depends in part on the genes inherited from parents. One's ethnic background matters as well "” there is variability among different populations. For example, Caucasians tend to develop gray hair sooner than Asian or African people.

While in limited instances, graying may indicative of an underlying medical condiction, the notion that it represents a copper deficiency is just unsupported alternative medicine hokum.

moosio

Reaction score
(marc37 @ Mar. 27 2005,09:05) Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works. lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries. Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.
Nothing wheatgrass can't cure, eh Marc? Jon.
In the context of gray hair, as mentioned above.... its not neccessarily a medical condition, however...... Wheatgrass is the mother of all. Nothing it can't heal
smile.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ Mar. 31 2005,08:08)
Originally Posted by marc37,Mar. 27 2005,09:05
Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works. lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries. Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.
Nothing wheatgrass can't cure, eh Marc? Jon.
In the context of gray hair, as mentioned above.... its not neccessarily a medical condition, however...... Wheatgrass is the mother of all. Nothing it can't heal
smile.gif

a-la Dr. Evil: Right. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads