1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grey hair

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by moosy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. moosy

moosy Senior Member

My hair has slowly greyed since I was 25. Now that I am 30 it has become so apparent and it bothers me. It probably should not but it does. I have tried some of those hair colours - Grecian and Just For Men (made by the same company and essentially the same thing) and I am not very happy. Beyond the fact that it leaves my hair with one colour and looses my natural shades (brown) and thus does not look natural - it does not last long. The grey hair seems to come back quickly. Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Thanks [​IMG]

2. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior Member

Go to a reputable salon and have it professionally done. Skilled colorists can really work magic.

3. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works.

lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries.

Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior Member

And you thought the grey was the problem--turns out it's the least of your worries. (Good news is, you're only 30.). [​IMG]

5. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

Copper, huh? That's a new one to me.

I thought about getting a gradual dye-job a couple years back -- getting it done over the course of several months at a salon so as not to be too obvious. In the end, I decided not to as I thought it would just be too much trouble (not to mention expensive) -- going to get the color touched up every 3-4 weeks for the next several decades.

6. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

Enjoy the distinguished look, many women find greying hair to be attractive, distinguished and very upper class looking, do not feel down and out....allow the natural look to benefit you.

7. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior Member

You might try not dyeing the sideburns; might be a more natural look.

I´ve seen marketing for a more upscale product (MiN, I believe it´s called), though I haven´t tried it. Has anyone?

8. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

Sometimes this look might work, but I've seen it look so obviously fake (dye-job) too, where the top is perfectly uniform black or dark brown (i.e., no gray at all) and then here are the mostly gray sideburns. I think if someone's really got alot of gray, the best option is to have a pro work-it ever 3-4 weeks.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Nothing wheatgrass can't cure, eh Marc?

Jon.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Crop it short and feel distinguished. Don't let it bother you.

11. Ed13

Ed13 Senior Member

My hair has been greying since the age of 16. I don't believe that I have a "disease". One side of my family has often gone grey early. I have had people try to talk me into a dye job but I have always refused. Now that I am 33 the grey is very noticable. It doesn't bother me at all. Every time I see a friend who is going bald I know I am the lucky one. I would rather have grey hair than no hair at all.

12. water

water Senior Member

I think greying hair looks fine. And bald is beautiful. Who loves ya baby.

13. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

Sorry, no. Graying is a natural function. Men gray sooner than women, but the tendency to gray early, late or not at all also depends in part on the genes inherited from parents. One's ethnic background matters as well "” there is variability among different populations. For example, Caucasians tend to develop gray hair sooner than Asian or African people.

While in limited instances, graying may indicative of an underlying medical condiction, the notion that it represents a copper deficiency is just unsupported alternative medicine hokum.

14. moosio

moosio Member

(marc37 @ Mar. 27 2005,09:05) Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works. lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries. Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.
    Nothing wheatgrass can't cure, eh Marc? Jon.
    In the context of gray hair, as mentioned above.... its not neccessarily a medical condition, however...... Wheatgrass is the mother of all. Nothing it can't heal [​IMG]

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

(imageWIS @ Mar. 31 2005,08:08)
    Grey hair indicates a copper deficiency. Eat a diet high in sprouts and wheatgrass - this will help alot. Cut out cooked food. Supplement your diet with colloidal copper. lt works. lf you don't do something about it you will be prone to Anerism. Copper shortage will eventually mean a breakdown in the elastic fibers in your arteries. Hair dying is a bandaid sollution. Your body is giving you hints that all is not well. This is the very beginning of the onset of disease.
    Nothing wheatgrass can't cure, eh Marc? Jon.
    In the context of gray hair, as mentioned above.... its not neccessarily a medical condition, however...... Wheatgrass is the mother of all. Nothing it can't heal [​IMG]
    a-la Dr. Evil: Right. Jon.