• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenadine Pocket Square

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am finally doing two things: 1) Making my first Sam Hober order and 2) getting a pocket square. Pocket squares always struck me as too far into Dandyville.

Here's my question: I noticed he has grenadine pocket squares. Obviously a white linen is the first one I will get, and regular silks are well accepted. But what do you all think of a grenadine PS? I like the texture as well as the uniqueness of it. What about cashmere? Does anyone own one of these and does anyone other than David make them?

http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-silk-pocket-squares/

HLow

Reaction score
I don't own pocket squares but i do enjoy browsing David's website as the has all the tutorials on tie/pocket square making. Shows a glimpse of his craft and i love it.

Looking at his appreciation thread, you won't go wrong getting his PS, the only thing is that you might be addicted
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I also know that Gshen from Vanda makes great PS too. Hope it helps!

- Hughes

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure his ties will be regular thing for me. I'm just not sure about the pocket squares. I haven't heard of a grenadine PS before. I'm hoping people will chime in with its appropriateness/usefulness.

Last edited:

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cbbuff,

Grenadine pocket squares are very rare - we are probably the only maker in the world with a grenadine pocket square collection.

They work well when you want texture mixed with elegance.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you must wear a pocket square (and one other than white linen), then these do look interesting and less offensive than most.

But think about it before you take this step: people like Agnelli (born in the 20's) hardly ever wore a pocket square. Even the Duke of Windsor often didn't. On the other hand, people who sell clothes almost invariably do wear them. And end up looking like clothes salesmen. Sure, there are a handful of people who manage to pull off the PS, but it's a very risky undertaking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads