• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greatest moments in sports

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
So many of these are far from being the greatest in sports history...

Usain Bolt at the WCs this year.

Rulon Gardner giving Alexander Karelin his first loss in 13 years in the gold medal bout at the Olympics. Karelin hadn't conceded a POINT in six years he was that dominant. I think it was The Daily Telegraph that was doing previews of who to watch that day and they mentioned Karelin was going for the gold and they didn't even mention Gardner he was that much of an underdog.

So many Roger Federer matches...

John Eales at the 1999 Rugby World Cup.

The Don needing four runs to have a career average of 100, instead he got a duck.

Nadia Comaneci's perfect 10.

Brian Lara's 400.

The Miracle on Ice because they had one more game to play.

Abebe Bikela was good, Jesse Owens in Berlin, Eric "The Eel", the Dream Team, Bob Beamon's jump, John Stephen Ahkwari....

Barry Bonds' home run records, even if he was juicing, it still takes tremendous amounts of skill to hit as many homers as he did.

Wilt Chamberlain's 100 points in a game, just about any MJ final.

This is probably the greatest IMO.

were your parents related before they got married?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
The correct answer is the 1993 AFC wildcard game between the Houston Oilers and the Buffalo Bills.

I still remember that facking game. Football in Houston has never recovered. Not the Oilers, not the Texans, not UH (this season notwithstanding up until last facking Friday), not even facking Rice.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
were your parents related before they got married?

As a matter of fact yes. Why do you ask?

Mauby

Reaction score
Hardly would qualify as one of the Greatest Moments in Sports but I gotta say:
A.J. Pierzynski's strike out/steals first base vs the Angels in the '05 ALCS. They go on to win the game, the series, and the World Series. Any time I see a replay of that I always laugh.

Aside from womens beach volleyball, I'm not much of a sports guy, so the little I watch are Chicago-biased. Other great moments:
*Jordan's game winning shots, all of them
*Jordan's flu game where he basically collapses
*Pippen's dunk over Ewing and then taunts Spike Lee.
*Seemingly, anytime Walter Payton touched the ball.
*likewise, anytime Barry Sanders touched the ball.
*Joe Montana - after winning 4 titles with SF, who else could take the KC Chiefs to the AFC Championship game with WR Lake Dawson
*Never saw Ali in his prime only in old footage, but saw young Mike Tyson, his fights were incredible.
*the swimmer guy winning a ton of golds this past olympics.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
*the swimmer guy winning a ton of golds this past olympics.

Michael Phelps
laugh.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Not enough Joe Montana in this threak.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt, there's certain things that are just given, just FACTS.

Like sun is bright, rises in the East....etc.

Montana is great.

scotsman

Reaction score
Also, the Choke at Doak - UF was beating FSU 31-0 at halftime. Amazingly, we came back and tied the game 31-31. Awesome game. - Quote by FlMountainMan

I was at that game, about ready to leave when the comeback began. It was great to watch the momentum change on the field and in the stands.

Greatest moment. Hank Aaron. April 8, 1974. Still gives me goosebumps.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
May 7, 1995. Game 1, Eastern Conference Semis. Reggie Miller scores 8 points in 8.9 seconds. Pacers win 107-105.
Could watch that video on repeat for days.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scotsman
Also, the Choke at Doak - UF was beating FSU 31-0 at halftime. Amazingly, we came back and tied the game 31-31. Awesome game. - Quote by FlMountainMan

I was at that game, about ready to leave when the comeback began. It was great to watch the momentum change on the field and in the stands.

Greatest moment. Hank Aaron. April 8, 1974. Still gives me goosebumps.

Did you attend FSU? I didn't get to go to that game, but I would've loved ot feel the stadium rocking. Didn't we still have the big tomahawk with the decibel meter then?

Just looked it up and I remembered it wrong. It was 31-3 with 13:28 left in the 4th quarter. Gator fans going nuts, Albert doing the throat slash, Reidel "Alligator Arms" Anthony talking trash, etc...

Sorry, I realize no one aside from Me, Scotsman, and Brian in WPB give a rat's ass, but it is one of FSU's all-time great games.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I still remember that facking game. Football in Houston has never recovered. Not the Oilers, not the Texans, not UH (this season notwithstanding up until last facking Friday), not even facking Rice.

Houston teams have been dealt many epic defeats. Along with the Oilers folding to the Bills, the UH '83 NC State debacle, there is the Astros 1986 NL final game 6 versus the Mets.

On the plus side, there will always be Olajuwon's humiliation of David Robinson after the presentation of the MVP trophy to the latter.

Perhaps the greatest win I've seen 'live' (TV) was Greg Lemond's 1989 Tour de France win.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OU vs Boise St is on another level. It's like the 4 greatest football games rolled into one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads