Great cordovan boot shootout

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nextstep, Nov 17, 2012.

1. nextstep

nextstep Member

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to revamp my style for a multiday event happening in 2 weeks time.

I'm looking for a bold, elegant but not too formal, not too rugged boot that pairs well with denim and a navy peacoat or a ToJ black lamb bomber worn on top of an OCBD or a tee.

What would you get?

I've limited my options to this cordovan boots, but I'm open to other suggestions, including non-cordovan ones.

Unluckily I cannot try any of these personally, so it's gonna be a blind purchase.

Carmina Forest in cognac Horween Chromexcel

Beautiful proportions, and top notch construction. On the minus side, I can only get it with leather sole (bad for Scandinavian winter). I might be able to get the same one with a Dainite sole in natural cordovan, but that's perhaps too bright to pair up with my bomber?
    [​IMG]

Tricker's in Japanese burgundy cordovan

Some report that Japanese cordovan is significantly inferior to Horween's, and has a plasticky look. The boot looks less stylish than the Carmina one, but still beautiful. The burgundy color might be better to pair up with the bomber?
    [​IMG]

Alden Indy in burgundy Horween Chromexcel

A really nice color in an iconic boot. I've never seen an Indy personally, so I don't know what my final reaction would be, but to me it looks less elegant that the other options—yet very nice. Perhaps a Tanker or a Ravello would be a better option, but I haven't found any in Europe. I can use proxies in the US, though.
    [​IMG]

Viberg 1950 in black Horween Chromexcel

Rugged, but still midly elegant. I haven't been able to track other cordovan colors different than black without getting a white Vibram sole as well.
    [​IMG]

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Carminas will be the nicest.