• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great alteration tailors in London - Pinnas and Needles

Odradek

Reaction score
I'd be interested in any news of Pinnas and Needles, but am also looking for other recommendations for alterations tailors, both in London, and out west of London. I only get into London every 2 months or so.

Anyone have good things to say about Ramon Tailoring on Savile Row? Seems one of the few alterations tailors with a website and a price list.

TomTom

Reaction score
I'd be interested in any news of Pinnas and Needles, but am also looking for other recommendations for alterations tailors, both in London, and out west of London. I only get into London every 2 months or so.
Anyone have good things to say about Ramon Tailoring on Savile Row? Seems one of the few alterations tailors with a website and a price list.

I took a summer blazer there for some adjustment and they basically took the jacket completely apart and put it back according to the measurements they took. It looks fantastic (like the jacket was made to measure) and the quality of the work is outstanding. I paid 80 pounds for all the work done (front and back taken in, tapered to the body...) and I have been using them ever since. Warmly recommend!

Putonghua73

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. I have been using Sew and Go for minor alterations i.e. hemming trousers, and taking in my CT suit. When I buy a sports coat and require any alterations, it will be good to know a few places in Central London that have been recommended.

hip_priest

Reaction score
I have used Pinnas and Needles several times, and wouldn't think of using anyone else. They have done simple things such as shortening trousers, and also more complex work such as tapering trousers, and shortening a rather delicate vicuna jacket. Everything has been done very well. As well as being professional, they are lovely chaps, and really look after customers. I would highly recommend them.

Joeaverage

Reaction score
Big thumbs up from me - just had some jackets back from them, and they were great...a couple that were not straight forward - went to pick them up and they werent happy with how they hung so wouldnt let me take them away. Went back the next time and they were perfect. Nice bunch of guys.

Dan e gee

Reaction score

I took a summer blazer there for some adjustment and they basically took the jacket completely apart and put it back according to the measurements they took. It looks fantastic (like the jacket was made to measure) and the quality of the work is outstanding. I paid 80 pounds for all the work done (front and back taken in, tapered to the body...) and I have been using them ever since. Warmly recommend!

That's good to know as they are competitively priced too.

I have a Sartorio suit that that needs working cuffs, pants hemming and taking in seat, crotch and waist.
I use a local alterations tailor who is fantastic at taking up/cuffing trousers, which is usually all I need, and his work is absolutely top notch - I recently bought a suit in Corneliani Bond St. I don't know who they use for their alterations but the hemming of the pants was far inferior work - he also only charges £7.50 for normal and £10.00 for cuff.
However, I would not entrust major work like above.

I will use either Pinnas & Needles or Ramon.

bespoking

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information!!
However I have my own tailor coming to see me every time I need a fitting. I don´t need to even call him, just filling out a form on their website and that´s it and,this is the best part, they dropped off my suits and my wife´s dresses on time. I believe they provide this service in all areas in London. The tailor is really passionate and he has never let us down. I think his name is Nacio or something like that.
Once I altered 3 suit. I had lost some weight and I thought in getting rid of them as they were 2 or 3 sizes bigger. I could say now these suits are some of my favourites in my wardrobe. I had 2 fittings, the first one he came with the jackets without the sleeves and on the second fitting he turned up with the 3 suits completed as if they were bespoke made.

I´m fully recommend it : http://www.alterationstailorlondon.co.uk
They have this funny video that explain very well all the process:
:
0.jpg

katastrofa

Reaction score
I too can recommend Ramon Tailoring. They adjusted my two suits after my success in shedding 10kg off my weight. The suits look better now on me than when I bought them.

Putonghua73

Reaction score
I was planning to use Pinnas and Needles to alter a suit and taper some flannel trousers, but I cannot get to them by 18:00 in the week. Sadly closed on Saturdays.

I'll try Ramon Tailoring (now trading as Hildago Brothers) and provide a review.

Last edited:

Odradek

Reaction score

I was planning to use Pinnas and Needles to alter a suit and taper some flannel trousers, but I cannot get to them by 18:00 in the week. Sadly closed on Saturdays.

I'll try Ramon Tailoring (now trading as Hildago Brothers) and provide a review.

I've always used Pinnas & Needles, but yes, the fact that they don't open on weekends is a pain.

Wish there was a good alterations tailor out here, west of London, to save me making trips into the city.

octafuzz99

Reaction score
I've always used Pinnas & Needles, but yes, the fact that they don't open on weekends is a pain.

Wish there was a good alterations tailor out here, west of London, to save me making trips into the city.

There's a good place on New Kings Road, Fulham called Golden Stitches. Owners are husband and wife.

I took a vintage 1960 (very thick) corduroy jacket there to be taken in at the waist. They did an excellent job and also adjusted the back vent.

Macallan

Reaction score
When I was looking for alterations tailor open on weekends found H. M. TTailoring.

They altered four jackets for me:
2 from sleeves
1 from shoulders
On a casual jacket shorten sleeve end & re-attach cuff.

They are also available on sundays but appointment only. However; I have not used them since 2008.

Recently I did give Cad & Dandy some alteration work when getting trousers made.
Jacket altered from shoulders and coat from sleeve end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads