• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good stores in Toronto

FreshCAN

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im pretty new, and im from Toronto, (i realize there's an introduction thread).
I was just wondering, what stores you guys mainly go for in toronto? I myself am pretty much a student on a budget, and usually buy mainstream fair priced stuff, with the occaisonal splurge on sneakers, although id definetly like to buy expensive stuff in the future.
I usually go to eaton centre, goodfoot/ransom/nomad, and call it a day and not much outside of that. I dont usually do into thrift stores either, but open to the idea.

-freshCAN

Lozinski

Reaction score
Jonathan and Olivia carry some pretty high end stuff.
There's a Fred Perry store near there aswell,
That's pretty much all from what I've seen for guys.

riraito

Reaction score
uncleotis and getoutside are located in toronto

also see tntblu for high end stuff..

that's all i know (sfer in edmonton)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bloor/Yorkville area: Uncle Otis (high end streetwear and casualwear), Marc Laurent (designers and tailoring - Jil Sander, Neil Barrett, Annapurna, Martin Margiela, Inhabit, expensive steez), TNT Blu (terrible merchandizing, but they carry essentially some of every casualear brand). Of course, Holt Renfrew is there as well.

Queen West: Lileo, Delphic (quirky, includes local standout Krane), Klaxon Howl (loads of awesome vintage), Sydneys (for the inner ninja goth and the "creatives" - props for carrying Entermodal in addition to Rick Owens, Opening Ceremony, Bblessing, etc...), Nomad (not really in that area, but let's say that they are - a good hipster paint-by-numbers - close your eyes and see Nom de Guerre, Wings+Horns, APC, CdG Love, Acne Jeans, Engineered Garments, Robert Geller, and Filson bags.)

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomad is one of the dopest stores in the world.

kubrick555

Reaction score
Nomad is awesome.

Not sure how it's "hipster" though. That word is outrageously overused.

chanimal

Reaction score
LA Guy pretty much covered it. Although Lileo is located near Queen East- the Distillery District, I think.

mercer

Reaction score
Note that Klaxon Howl has changed locations from opposite Trinity Bellwoods to the
rear entrance of 694 Queen St. W. To get there just go to the corner of Queen and Manning, go north to the first laneway behind Delphic, make a right, and they're 5 doors in. The new location is a former coach house from the 1860's and looks unusual/amazing. (I'm in no way connected to Klaxon Howl).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kubrick555
Nomad is awesome.

Not sure how it's "hipster" though. That word is outrageously overused.

Nomad is cool, and Zeb and crew are nice guys, but the place is most definitely hipster. Just look at the brand list, and then what they carry out of that. You put on some Acne skinny jeans, a Wings+Horns U neck tee under a CdG cardigan, an APC skinny belt, some Common Projects Achilles, and a Filson bag, and you've got yourself the hipster. Wait, no, you also need a slouchy beanie.

kubrick555

Reaction score
Haha yeah I guess - it really depends on how you rock it.

Regardless, for me, it's far and away the best men's store in Toronto for casual wear. Dropped in earlier actually, some nice Geller shirts on sale.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just moved to toronto recently so this thread is helpful! I don't think i've been anywhere this thread hasn't covered and i learned of a few new places thanks
smile.gif

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Nomad is cool, and Zeb and crew are nice guys, but the place is most definitely hipster. Just look at the brand list, and then what they carry out of that. You put on some Acne skinny jeans, a Wings+Horns U neck tee under a CdG cardigan, an APC skinny belt, some Common Projects Achilles, and a Filson bag, and you've got yourself the hipster. Wait, no, you also need a slouchy beanie.
I don`t know Fok, i think i have to agree with Kubrick555 on this one. I know the term hipster is ever evolving, but peep http://www.latfh.com/ for a pretty good visual guide to hipsterdom. Back on topic, i was pretty impressed with Lileo last time i was in T.O. Really nice space, and a pretty large selection. Though some of the prices were questionable.

gearhead

Reaction score
Delphic definitely is a great spot, really nice ppl too
Next Door at queen and spadina has won hundred, fifth avenue shoe repair, acne, and some crap brands
Carte Blanche which is near Delphic but more west is good too, Gram shoes, pleasure principle gareth pugh, april 77, horace, etc.
new store on 899 dundas west is is R.A.D which carries Nico Uytterhaegen, M.A +

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads