• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Deodorant?

Yaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zatarregaza
+1 Crystal Body is what I've used for the last year or so. I use this one though: http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Body-D...314997-9943349

By the looks of it I'll probably still be using this same one this time next year.

+1 on the actual crystal...I've been using this for a while now and like it much better than the roll-ons or solids, which were making me very itchy. Lasts a long time too.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitchum is very effective.

A number of folks I know who model for a living use it, because they can't afford to have sweat stains/rings on their clothing.

rogerm

Reaction score
I think all of us have suffered from moments of too much sweat, and I freak the F*** out when I think of what deodorants/antiperspirants are doing to my shirts. I think I suffer from too much sweat and while I was doing some research (it's actually a medical condition) I learned about this product: http://www.certaindri.com/

Put it on at night. Wash it off in the morning. Run a freaking marathon. You will not sweat under your arms. It's amazing.

atroopan

Reaction score
Try Aubrey's pine spray - luv that smell - I was wearing a little too much in the pits one day on the subway as well as a light Smartwool merino t-shirt. This girl not more than 17 (I think
blush.gif
) literally looked like she was in heaven coming closer and closer to my underarms and taking a big whiff. I just kinda stood there with one arm holding the top railing and trying to look as best I could flexing my overhead tricep pose.
smile.gif

Surprised noone mentioned Lavera as a pretty strong natural deodarant spray.

troop

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using Tom's of Maine for several months now. It's effective for me, washes off easily, and doesn't leave stains on my shirt.

I've also used crystals, but for some reason I never got on it regularly.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
IMO something without aluminum.

I know from experience that even Mitchum causes stains. Tea tree oil works well also.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But what's good and available in a travel size? I'm thinking of going upscale for this reason alone. Green stick old spice deodorant gives me a rash.

Casual

Reaction score
Another vote for Mitchum's. It's about the only current one I've used that doesn't stain.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with the ocean scent of the Old Spice Redzone clear solid. Prevents me from pretty much ever smelling bad. It's not that strong a scent, but females who are close enough and get a whiff usually like it and i've had a bunch (in the years i've been using it) say they really like my cologne and ask what it is. It's kinda embarrassing to tell them that it's just my armpit from deodorant

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Have you tried Crystal before? I just ordered some and I like it better than anything else I have ever tried. It is also free of Aluminum Chlorohydrate...
+1 Crystal Body is what I've used for the last year or so. I use this one though: http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Body-D...314997-9943349
ir
By the looks of it I'll probably still be using this same one this time next year.
Thought I would bump this. I tried this stuff today and it works great. I walked 18 blocks in 78 degree weather in the sun and no odor at all. I've had it on for about 14 hours now and it's still working.

Last edited:

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I swore by Tom's, the roll on was particularly good, until my wife brought home L'Occitane deodorant for me to try. I would occasionally sweat through Tom's but this new deodorant keeps me dry even in more extreme circumstances.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll need to give Crystal, Khiels or L'Occitane a try. I don't sweat a lot but what little I do sweat seems to come through no matter what I use. Tried Arm & Hammer, Nivea, and a bunch of other brands you find at drugstores but none have worked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads