• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good deals on slim fit pants?

slm08

Reaction score
Hi,

I really don't know much about this kind of stuff, but I've recently started working at a job that requires biz casual dress (defined as button down shirt/wool pants....basically, a suit without jacket/tie).

I have some American brands but I realized they look terrible on me...they are so baggy. What brands could you guys recommend to look for that are slim fitting and decent quality? I live in NY, and would be especially interested in brands that I could find in Century 21/Filene's Basement.

Thank you.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Incotex, check the B&S forum.

Also, check out Ralph Lauren Black label, my BL suit has very slim fitting slacks, they really look fantastic.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
custom

Brennan Huff

Reaction score
I buy Stafford flat front pants at JCPenny for about $30 and get them re-hemmed and tapered throughout at a local tailor for $15.

Works for me =]

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size are you? I have 3 pairs I haven't gotten to put up on BS. All three were purchased during a time I was delusional and thought I could fit into a size smaller pants. All three were hemmed, 2 used once and one brand new.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The Polo trou that are made in Italy are usually slim. Sometimes extremely slim.

my black label trousers are slimmer than my TaT trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads