• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give The Fran His Due

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Dios mio. I think I might just stay clear of the CESSpool until this stuff has blown through. It's bad for my blood pressure.

I'll give odds you can't help yourself and will not live up to this.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Can we just admit that AF is final authority on all things political, economic, audio and artisan and be done with the endless threads?

Here are the10 Franmandments:

1) Obama and the Dems lie about everything and distort the accomplishments of Bush etal who will be remembered as the greatest President of all time.
2) There are no poor or disadvantaged people in the US, only those traitors trying to raise AF's taxes.
3) Everything published by non-partisan groups like the Heritage Foundation, Redstate, AEI etc. is beyond reproach and any claim otherwise is therefore un-American and ill informed.
4) Trickle-down is the rich man's gift to the poor man.
5) I personally recorded Moses' speech on the Mount and most of the original psalms and as payment I was given bionic ears by God.
6) My authors can best up your authors.
7) Al Qaeda Iraq is the biggest challenge to our freedom.
8) Afghanistan is going our way.
9) Kiton is completely handmade and they would never resort to sullying themselves by overzealous "marketing" known in most cultures as lying.

and most importantly...

10) His experience and knowledge is always more qualified than yours.

All praise the Fran.

What an insightful and measured post.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Can we just admit that AF is final authority on all things political, economic, audio and artisan and be done with the endless threads?

Here are the10 Franmandments:

1) Obama and the Dems lie about everything and distort the accomplishments of Bush etal who will be remembered as the greatest President of all time.
2) There are no poor or disadvantaged people in the US, only those traitors trying to raise AF's taxes.
3) Everything published by non-partisan groups like the Heritage Foundation, Redstate, AEI etc. is beyond reproach and any claim otherwise is therefore un-American and ill informed.
4) Trickle-down is the rich man's gift to the poor man.
5) I personally recorded Moses' speech on the Mount and most of the original psalms and as payment I was given bionic ears by God.
6) My authors can best up your authors.
7) Al Qaeda Iraq is the biggest challenge to our freedom.
8) Afghanistan is going our way.
9) Kiton is completely handmade and they would never resort to sullying themselves by overzealous "marketing" known in most cultures as lying.

and most importantly...

10) His experience and knowledge is always more qualified than yours.

All praise the Fran.

Andrew,

I think this post says more about you than it does me.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Andrew,

I think this post says more about you than it does me.

Dude, how many fights are you currently engaged in on these boards over how many different topics?

Does that make you smart, a martyr, a holy man of the truth, what?

Wake up and smell the disrespect people have for you, it doesn't have to be that way.

Reborn

Reaction score
Dude, how many fights are you currently engaged in on these boards over how many different topics?

Does that make you smart, a martyr, a holy man of the truth, what?

Wake up and smell the disrespect people have for you, it doesn't have to be that way.

Maybe he's just at the beginning of the road to converting all of us. He can't quit now!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I despise all of those threads, it takes a lot of willpower to keep from flaming away in them. I just accept that SF is very conservative and try not to rock the boat.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Can we just admit that AF is final authority on all things political, economic, audio and artisan and be done with the endless threads? Here are the10 Franmandments: 1) Obama and the Dems lie about everything and distort the accomplishments of Bush etal who will be remembered as the greatest President of all time. 2) There are no poor or disadvantaged people in the US, only those traitors trying to raise AF's taxes. 3) Everything published by non-partisan groups like the Heritage Foundation, Redstate, AEI etc. is beyond reproach and any claim otherwise is therefore un-American and ill informed. 4) Trickle-down is the rich man's gift to the poor man. 5) I personally recorded Moses' speech on the Mount and most of the original psalms and as payment I was given bionic ears by God. 6) My authors can best up your authors. 7) Al Qaeda Iraq is the biggest challenge to our freedom. 8) Afghanistan is going our way. 9) Kiton is completely handmade and they would never resort to sullying themselves by overzealous "marketing" known in most cultures as lying. and most importantly... 10) His experience and knowledge is always more qualified than yours. All praise the Fran.
11) carbon makes me chilly.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I despise all of those threads, it takes a lot of willpower to keep from flaming away in them. I just accept that SF is very conservative and try not to rock the boat.
I don't know what you are talking about. There is much class warfare here.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac

Why can I never find that eyeroll smiley when I need it?

Really? You think that SF is very conservative? I personally think that there are about 8 or 9 conservatives on SF (that participate regularly) and about 40-50 libs...but maybe my perception is pretty skewed as well.

mink31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano

Really? You think that SF is very conservative? I personally think that there are about 8 or 9 conservatives on SF (that participate regularly) and about 40-50 libs...but maybe my perception is pretty skewed as well.

It's not that there are more conservatives, it's the fact that they are so... shall I say, stridently vociferous?
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I agree that the conservative side is smaller but is also represented by some superior minds like iammatt, manton, grimslade and others who more than hold their own against us libs.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Super skewed. I think the site has more liberal people, but the most vocal people on the site are the conservatives. Pobaire, Monti, Manton, Artisan, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. I would say Matt but he seems more moderate than others, but on second thought could be included amoungst conservative set.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again: the regnant ideology on Style Forum is libertarianism.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224