• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

tjonesd2

Reaction score

Is the Gitman MTO sizing the same as the off the rack shirts? Or do they require specific measurements from you?

They go by neck sizing... essentially they have 'in-between' sizes too. I want to order one, but they don't post full measurements for each :/ and limited collar options

jajordan378

Reaction score
Want to grab a couple of the seasonal flannel buttondowns. Does GV ever go on sale or is it worth it to just buy now?

tunneler

Reaction score
Does anyone know a shop that has the black and white shirt with large Japanese texts characters all over? I can't remember the official name of the shirt.
The official name was "sake crest." I found this page that appears to have XL for sale. If it's your size I'd contact Gitman to make sure it's the shirt you want.

boxdok

Reaction score
They're the same as the off the rack ones. So collar size Small fit the same as the size Smalls that I usually buy.

The have a size chart if you click on 'Help'.

Is it just me or are the shoulder measurements huge for GV. a 19.75 shoulder for a 22.5 chest is too big IMO

aquila49

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the shoulder measurements huge for GV. a 19.75 shoulder for a 22.5 chest is too big IMO

I agree, these measurements looks screwy. I'm a medium with fairly wide shoulders and my best fitting shirts measure 18.0 across the shoulders and 22.0 at the chest.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd