• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
Everyone saying the flannels are bigger....the measurements on Context say they are smaller, which is what has kept me from buying one...does anyone have an XS flannel they could measure?

I have owned a decent amount of Gitman over the past few years. Including 3 flannels of this year, as well as antiqued oxfords, chambray ocbds, etc.

I can say with 100% certainty that the F/W Gitman Flannels, like seen here:

85718c59dc7e221cddf3e4fa9e6b66f5_large.jpg

do run larger than a normal gitman vintage ocbd (non flannel). I had seen stockist state this in the past as well, but after looking, they've all been sold out, and the descriptions removed.

note there is a huge jump in size in flannels from S to XS. Context is normally spot on with measurements, and while I hate to challenge what they state -- i just have to report it as I see it.

this is the only pic i can find of myself wearing one:

e14a7157.jpg

But even with this ****** pic, you should be able to see how big this size small is.....i am 5'8" 130-135 lbs, 28" waist, 34-36" chest. I could do an XS in this.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
note there is a huge jump in size in flannels from S to XS. Context is normally spot on with measurements, and while I hate to challenge what they state -- i just have to report it as I see it.

Yeah 3 inch difference in sizing is infuriating.
But now, looking at the size S measurements on Context...the flannel is bigger.
So it's bigger than the other shirts in S, and smaller in XS.

Gagno905

Reaction score
5'8, 120lb here. I take an XS in the flannels and the madras from last S/S. Both fit very well, albeit long.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd been waiting for SS11 Gitman's to begin trickling in. Context got a few. Just a word of caution - these shirts appear to be cut bigger than year's passed. For example, a 20" p2p on a size small on a long sleeve BD. Last year, on a similar shirt, they fluctuated between 18.5 and 19". Not thrilled

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...others+Vintage

i didnt even notice that. thanks.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd been waiting for SS11 Gitman's to begin trickling in. Context got a few. Just a word of caution - these shirts appear to be cut bigger than year's passed. For example, a 20" p2p on a size small on a long sleeve BD. Last year, on a similar shirt, they fluctuated between 18.5 and 19". Not thrilled http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...others+Vintage
Yup, it's a little bit of a bummer, but I still ordered a couple of those shirts (one with a 19.5" p2p, and another with a 20").

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd been waiting for SS11 Gitman's to begin trickling in. Context got a few. Just a word of caution - these shirts appear to be cut bigger than year's passed. For example, a 20" p2p on a size small on a long sleeve BD. Last year, on a similar shirt, they fluctuated between 18.5 and 19". Not thrilled

But this is good for me, who used to be sort of in between S and XS
devil.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
But this is good for me, who used to be sort of in between S and XS
devil.gif

i was between a m and l and now im a better fitting m so its also better for me.

bakatora

Reaction score
the difference between M and L on some of the SS offering is pretty disheartening. I was looking forward to the patterns this season, but I'm either going to hulk out of M or tent out in L.
confused.gif

nonissue

Reaction score
17.75 s2s with a 22 p2p seems crazy to me. would definitely try on in person before purchasing, or at least wait for measurements from another retailer.

flipsilk

Reaction score
im gonna soldier through this

in fact i just got an oxford on context..

i was really close to getting this one though..

http://www.barneys.com/Large-Check-S...efault,pd.html

Ive tried this shirt on, i can vouch that it fits the same as their oxfords from this past season (not the overdyes which fit almost a size smaller).

The material is almost linen-y, very breathable. nice shirt for sure

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Opening Ceremony got some, a couple of collaborations too.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
Opening Ceremony got some, a couple of collaborations too.
THANK YOU! I'd forgotten that they had the exclusive on the jungle collection. Just picked up the crazy cheetah shirt. It was sold out in one of the sizes already, but not in my size. Woohoo!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads