Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Everyone saying the flannels are bigger....the measurements on Context say they are smaller, which is what has kept me from buying one...does anyone have an XS flannel they could measure?

I have owned a decent amount of Gitman over the past few years. Including 3 flannels of this year, as well as antiqued oxfords, chambray ocbds, etc.

I can say with 100% certainty that the F/W Gitman Flannels, like seen here:

[​IMG]

do run larger than a normal gitman vintage ocbd (non flannel). I had seen stockist state this in the past as well, but after looking, they've all been sold out, and the descriptions removed.

note there is a huge jump in size in flannels from S to XS. Context is normally spot on with measurements, and while I hate to challenge what they state -- i just have to report it as I see it.

this is the only pic i can find of myself wearing one:

[​IMG]

But even with this shitty pic, you should be able to see how big this size small is.....i am 5'8" 130-135 lbs, 28" waist, 34-36" chest. I could do an XS in this.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

note there is a huge jump in size in flannels from S to XS. Context is normally spot on with measurements, and while I hate to challenge what they state -- i just have to report it as I see it.

Yeah 3 inch difference in sizing is infuriating.
    But now, looking at the size S measurements on Context...the flannel is bigger.
    So it's bigger than the other shirts in S, and smaller in XS.

3. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

5'8, 120lb here. I take an XS in the flannels and the madras from last S/S. Both fit very well, albeit long.

4. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Anyone know where the blue chambray is still available? Thanks.

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I'd been waiting for SS11 Gitman's to begin trickling in. Context got a few. Just a word of caution - these shirts appear to be cut bigger than year's passed. For example, a 20" p2p on a size small on a long sleeve BD. Last year, on a similar shirt, they fluctuated between 18.5 and 19". Not thrilled

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...others+Vintage

6. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I'd been waiting for SS11 Gitman's to begin trickling in. Context got a few. Just a word of caution - these shirts appear to be cut bigger than year's passed. For example, a 20" p2p on a size small on a long sleeve BD. Last year, on a similar shirt, they fluctuated between 18.5 and 19". Not thrilled

i didnt even notice that. thanks.

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'd been waiting for SS11 Gitman's to begin trickling in. Context got a few. Just a word of caution - these shirts appear to be cut bigger than year's passed. For example, a 20" p2p on a size small on a long sleeve BD. Last year, on a similar shirt, they fluctuated between 18.5 and 19". Not thrilled http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...others+Vintage
    Yup, it's a little bit of a bummer, but I still ordered a couple of those shirts (one with a 19.5" p2p, and another with a 20").

8. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

But this is good for me, who used to be sort of in between S and XS [​IMG]

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

But this is good for me, who used to be sort of in between S and XS [​IMG]

i was between a m and l and now im a better fitting m so its also better for me.

10. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

the difference between M and L on some of the SS offering is pretty disheartening. I was looking forward to the patterns this season, but I'm either going to hulk out of M or tent out in L. [​IMG]

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

12. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

17.75 s2s with a 22 p2p seems crazy to me. would definitely try on in person before purchasing, or at least wait for measurements from another retailer.

13. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

im gonna soldier through this

in fact i just got an oxford on context..

i was really close to getting this one though..

http://www.barneys.com/Large-Check-S...efault,pd.html

Ive tried this shirt on, i can vouch that it fits the same as their oxfords from this past season (not the overdyes which fit almost a size smaller).

The material is almost linen-y, very breathable. nice shirt for sure

14. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Opening Ceremony got some, a couple of collaborations too.

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Opening Ceremony got some, a couple of collaborations too.
    THANK YOU! I'd forgotten that they had the exclusive on the jungle collection. Just picked up the crazy cheetah shirt. It was sold out in one of the sizes already, but not in my size. Woohoo!