Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. utjtl21

utjtl21 Active Member

To thelion, if you are a measured 44, I would go with the XL. I have not tried the L, but I have Gitman Vintage XL's. I can't imagine that the L would work for me and I am a 44. I do have broader shoulders though. It sounds like you might be a tweener. I am a L in RL. I hope that helps. Good luck.

2. thelion1856

thelion1856 Senior member

To thelion, if you are a measured 44, I would go with the XL. I have not tried the L, but I have Gitman Vintage XL's. I can't imagine that the L would work for me and I am a 44. I do have broader shoulders though. It sounds like you might be a tweener. I am a L in RL. I hope that helps. Good luck.

thanks mate, im a L or M in RRL. my shoulders are pretty damn wide though lol.

3. utjtl21

utjtl21 Active Member

thelion, do you have a suit or sportcoat? I am a 44L. It sounds like you might be a L in Gitman Vintage. As for RRL, I have limited experience, but I am a comfortable XL in my few henleys/thermals. Actually, I bought a XL RRL henley from SOHO Polo over Thanksgiving and it is skin tight. It might have been mismarked though.

4. palma

palma Senior member

Hey guys,

How does the thickness of the flannel fabric on Gitman shirts compare to wither one of RRL, EG and WWM? On par or less thick? I am referring to Gitman shirts from the last season.

Thanks,

5. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

I have only ever owned EG and WWM. I own a couple of gitman oxford shirts, but have never gotten around to picking up their thicker FW shirts, so I am interested in the comparison as well.

6. palma

palma Senior member

No help? Gotta be someone who has can give a comparison. If you could even tell me if Gitman Vintage flannels in general have a thick quality cloth and are at least as impressive as their oxford shirts.

Cheers,

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

whats the difference between gitman brothers and the cheaper step bros?

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

FWIW, I wear an L in PRL custom-fit and tried a Gitman Vintage in XL. It fit, but it just didn't look right for my frame. I especially didn't like the high-collar, or rather, how high the collar looked on my neck (I don't have a particularly long neck) I don't know the technical term for what this fit is called, but it's really unflattering to say the least.

9. Chip

Chip Senior member

The one with the gimp leg?

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

No help? Gotta be someone who has can give a comparison. If you could even tell me if Gitman Vintage flannels in general have a thick quality cloth and are at least as impressive as their oxford shirts.

Cheers,

the gitman flannels are awesome. they are thick and soft. note they also measure about a half inch larger in every dimension versus a normal Gitman vintage ocbd. My size small flannels fit me larger than all of my normal ones.

"whats the difference between gitman brothers and the cheaper step bros?"

I'm not exactly sure of the exact differences but I know for fact the step-bros are cut from comparatively cheaper cloth, and are also a boxier fit. Probably a longer length, as well, being they are made to be tucked in. Check out eBay for more info too. Gitman vintage is definitely a younger, slimmer cut.

11. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

gitman flannels from fw 10 are pretty thick and soft. not sure what you are trying to compare them to. one thing of note is that they are cut more generously than the oxford cloth shirts are.

12. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

gitman flannels from fw 10 are pretty thick and soft. not sure what you are trying to compare them to. one thing of note is that they are cut more generously than the oxford cloth shirts are.
    They are very soft. Picked one up from Haberdash in Chicago the other day (first Gitman shirt I've bought in quite a while). Slightly larger than other gitman I've had, but not a full size difference - ie I couldn't have sized down to an xs (they didn't have one anyway), though I could fit a t-shirt/thermal under it which I can't do with a regular gitman shirt. On a related note- has anyone hemmed length off their Gitman shirts? I'm thinking about chopping an inch or two off my flannel so its easier to wear untucked.

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Everyone saying the flannels are bigger....the measurements on Context say they are smaller, which is what has kept me from buying one...does anyone have an XS flannel they could measure?

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

Everyone saying the flannels are bigger....the measurements on Context say they are smaller, which is what has kept me from buying one...does anyone have an XS flannel they could measure?

don't have an xs, but my Small (from this fall) measures:
    19.5 ptp
    17.25 shoulders
    30 length

*hasn't been washed/dried yet