• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

mttlee0

Reaction score
From my experience, the color will be closer to Ron Herman's.

I bought the shirt below from Context and it looks closer to the ShopDetour pics. Don't get me wrong - I love the shirt, but the color isn't as vivid and "pops" like the Context photos.

http://www.shopdetour.com/product/gi...d-plmburg.html
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=921

Originally Posted by Caveat
^Please drop it and get back on topic.

This is what I was talking about with the Context photos. This is the same shirt I linked to above, available elsewhere. Looks totally different. Which is closer to the actual color?

http://www.ronherman.com/detail.aspx?ID=30887

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
hahaha I was just joking you dumbf**K. thanks for the life advice, I am more tolerable in real life I assure you, at the very least more so than you.

nah I'm good. I'm sure you were joking, but I'll bet you a dollar there are members here with the 'you should be ashamed' attitude.

iDoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Wish I wasn't inbetween a small and medium
Look for shirts tagged with size 15 (neck). Supposedly, small is 14.5 and medium 15.5, so 15 should be right in between. Detour has few shirts tagged numerically, rather than s/m/l.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
^Please drop it and get back on topic.

This is what I was talking about with the Context photos. This is the same shirt I linked to above, available elsewhere. Looks totally different. Which is closer to the actual color?

http://www.ronherman.com/detail.aspx?ID=30887

WOW, that is a pretty big difference:

gitmancompare.jpg

airblaster503

Reaction score
I wish the colors were as vivid on the shirts as they are in the pictures Context puts up. I get it is a 'vintage' look but the saturated photos make the shirts look 10 times better to me.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Context is the only venue where any of these shirts have really stood out to me.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this shirt from Blackbird a month or two ago and just got around to wearing it today. Its tagged a medium, but fits like a smedium. Its perfect (for me). Fits way better than the other mediums I have, and its not tagged with a size 15 neck. This is also the only Gitman shirt that I own that has 2 buttons on the cuffs, angled (instead of rounded) corners on the cuffs, the sides of the shirt dont flare out, and has a weird button placket that doesnt run the entire length of the shirt and kind of goes crooked towards the bottom (im sure there a name for this, but I dont know it.) WTF is with Gitman's goofy sizing?
blue-wht_oxford.jpg

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too small for me, but how do you purchase from them direct? and how did the prices compare?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads