• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gift Ideas/Suggestions - SIL Phd Graduation

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Son in Law is graduating with his Phd in geotech engineering. His new job will require half office and half on site visits. He is a casual, athletic, fleece and jeans kind of guy.

I want to get him a gift to celebrate his Phd.

The only thing I came up with was a portfolio. Leather might be to "fancy pants" for field work so a nice ballistic nylon perhaps?
Maybe a ballistic nylon carry all?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

heidifaye

Reaction score
TLTLeather.com has some great gift ideas as for leather but they are not too expensive. They can customize items too! I got my husband a nice real croc wallet with his name on the inside and he has had it for 2 years now. Call them! #leather #wallet #tltleather

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A hooker.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only thing I came up with was a portfolio. Leather might be to "fancy pants" for field work so a nice ballistic nylon perhaps?
Maybe a ballistic nylon carry all?

This is my portfolio. It's not too fancy pants. The leather is awesome and it has nice storage. If you're interested in one, shoot me a PM.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After thinking about it, the Filson look and style is perfect for him but decided to purchase the computer bag.

I think he will really enjoy this. it is cool, masculine and seems right for a guy in an office and in the field. Plus he can buy the matching duffle or other gear if he wants.

Thanks for the ideas.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

After thinking about it, the Filson look and style is perfect for him but decided to purchase the computer bag.

I think he will really enjoy this. it is cool, masculine and seems right for a guy in an office and in the field. Plus he can buy the matching duffle or other gear if he wants.

Thanks for the ideas.

if you buy me the filson bag, I'll call you "daddy" if you like :smarmy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads