• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting rid of furniture in Manhattan

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I can't leave this standing in the middle of my bedroom for that long. It's going on CL this weekend if nobody here is interested...

can't return it? i've heard stories of ppl returning new furniture months after purchase, of course paying a restock fee

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
make sure to take out your soup recipes before giving it away!
Attachment 24527

Attachment 24528

I don't get the connection...
confused.gif

Originally Posted by cchen
can't return it? i've heard stories of ppl returning new furniture months after purchase, of course paying a restock fee
I'm not going to do that. Was bought a year or 18 months ago. + I need someone to pick it up, I don't have a truck to haul this back to the store...

herzzreh

Reaction score
What does she have? I may send my exwife to pick some stuff up...

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Millerp
Costs money though
frown.gif

The garbage men will take furniture for free, as a last resort. I think you need to call 311 ahead of time so they don't ticket you. But as others mentioned, chances are someone will snag it first. I had an old TV (a nice Sony tube) that I couldn't give away. Put it on the street with a sign saying it worked, went to the deli, came back... GONE.

boo

Reaction score
Put it on the street and also place an ad on Craigslist listing what you're giving away and where/when people will be able to find it. Don't leave a return e-mail address because people will be pestering you with questions about the items, if the items items are still there, give you a hard time if you tell them it's still there but then someone else takes it in the meanwhile, etc.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind what seems to be an annual throwing out of furniture in Japan? I remember visiting relatives there when I was a child that mentioned they were able to furnish their entire house with furniture that was being thrown out and that was in excellent condition. Early in my career at a Japanese investment bank I mentioned this story to an MD in casual conversation and I remembered he looked pretty pissed. Gratefully, someone else changed the topic.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Dept of Sanitation does 'bulk' pickup once a week.

This is for fridges, furniture, etc.

Giving it/selling it to someone who can use it is better, but bulk pickup day is the last resort.

She can check the NYC website to determine the day on her street.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads