• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Interview With Robert Geller, Part 1 of 2: Providence in RISD and how things came together at Mar

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, really cool interview.

never really was a fan, but i have one of his bombers from a year a go and it's surprisingly turned out to be a really solid piece for me. looking forward to more of his stuff now

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Give any thought to releasing the audio? Would be cool to listen to this.

It would have to be edited, and we'd need Robert's permission, but yes, I'd considered releasing this on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If its true that Robert Geller reads these threads, PLEASE RE-RELEASE THE OCEANSIDE SWEATSHIRT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! SIZE 50 OR 52!!!!

swooc

Reaction score
like everyone, i enjoyed reading this as well. well done. can't wait for part 2! i'm betting on another majestic story behind his encounter with plohkov.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
melonadejello, Robert Geller totally knows who you are. How cool is that?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice interview

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cool.gif

more posts like these!

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If its true that Robert Geller reads these threads, PLEASE RE-RELEASE THE OCEANSIDE SWEATSHIRT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! SIZE 50 OR 52!!!!

There's a 48 on y!jp :teach:
And some sleeveless ones at 7-store, probably smaller sizes as well

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like hearing peoples' life stories.

Last edited:

ytip

Reaction score
this is sick.

hopefully SF will do a series of interviews with designers that reveal how they got into fashion.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was one year below Robert Geller at RISD and helped dress his models for his thesis show. He really is a very sweet, down to earth guy. I am not surprised that he's achieved such a great amount of success, he was an incredible designer even in school.

This is awesome to hear. I love hearing about successful people who are genuine and hard working, and really deserve to be where they are today. It really showed through in the interview as well.

Didnt think I could respect Geller and his work any more than I already did, but I'm guessing part two will prove me wrong again!

mhtcjt37

Reaction score
Well done, great interview, can't wait for part 2.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly enjoyable read. So glad he's cool... and still excited about it all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads