1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Get Foofed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Apr 25, 2009.

1. intent

intent Senior member

Amazing work, Foo.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

color me impressed. amazing work fooooman

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

mafoofan ,you're too creative to be a lawyer....
    Break the frigid mould you're imposing to yourself and just be yourself .

4. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks everybody. I'm glad you all approve of the changes.

mafoofan ,you're too creative to be a lawyer....
    Break the frigid mould you're imposing to yourself and just be yourself .

Ha. Do you have a job in mind? Are you hiring?

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks everybody. I'm glady you all approve of the changes.

So, how much photoshopping do you do on your WAYWN shots before posting them?

6. mafoofan

So, how much photoshopping do you do on your WAYWN shots before posting them?

I always adjust brightness and contrast, correct for lens distortion, and crop. Sometimes, if adjusting the brightness or contrast washes out part of a picture, I copy and past from the untouched version to keep the detail intact--usually this applies to the sky, which turns from blue and cloudy to blank white.

I regularly remove the Wii from underneath the sofa.

I don't correct clothes, unless something is really distractingly wrong that isn't in similar pictures. I usually take 10-20 shots of the same outfit, in the same pose. So if there's an errant pocket square falling into my pocket in one picture, which is otherwise the best of the lot, I might replace it with the pocket square from another picture in the same series.

No, I do not enlarge my head or my feet.

1 person likes this.
  7. ysc

ysc Senior member

^ with photo shop skills like yours how can we know anything you post is real? How do we even know are not just posting nude and editing your clothes in?

More seriously though do you just use adobe photoshop? any tips, or guides you are aware of, you have madskillz - I have it but hardly ever use it and really don't feel like I am getting the most out of it

8. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Props foof, its some quality work.

I'm surprised to take soo many pictures, i might take 3-6 and pick 1-3 of them to post.

9. mafoofan

^ with photo shop skills like yours how can we know anything you post is real? How do we even know are not just posting nude and editing your clothes in?

More seriously though do you just use adobe photoshop? any tips, or guides you are aware of, you have madskillz - I have it but hardly ever use it and really don't feel like I am getting the most out of it

I just use Adobe Photoshop. I taught myself how to use it in high school when I was editor for the school newspaper. Since then, I've used educational discounts to keep up with the newest versions of the software. Never had any formal training, unfortunately. The key is to learn how to use layers.

Props foof, its some quality work.

I'm surprised to take soo many pictures, i might take 3-6 and pick 1-3 of them to post.

Thanks. It annoys my wife to no end when we go on vacation. I take 20 shots of anything worth photographing--usually in very quick succession, to be fair. Otherwise, someone's always got their eyes closed or something turns out blurry. With 20 shots in store, you can pick the best and correct any errors.

10. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I just use Adobe Photoshop. I taught myself how to use it in high school when I was editor for the school newspaper. Since then, I've used educational discounts to keep up with the newest versions of the software. Never had any formal training, unfortunately. The key is to learn how to use layers.

QFT.

I used Photoshop a decent bit in high school and early on in college. Layers will lead you far, very far, in PS use. When I learned how to use layers, PS became a MUCH more powerful tool.

Maybe you could have added some pick stitching along his lapel...jk. [​IMG]

11. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Wow prepared to give it up already? [​IMG] I grant you that the longer you stay, the harder it is to leave . . .

Outstanding skills. I have p-shop but haven't learned to use layers yet. I need an afternoon to do some of the tutorials.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I'm certainly not hiring ...I'm more actually trying not to get fired myself to be honest...
    You 've got a good eye and a good technical mind, you will do well in design or advertising...

13. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

I want to post mine, but I'm not sure any of my photos are good enough. Here... you decide. All are RLBL, and fit virtually identically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mafoofan

^^^ Those can definitely be Foofed. But upon casual observation, there isn't all the much to Foof in the first place. It looks like you need more room in the chest and a jacket collar that fits more snugly. The sleeves also need some re-shaping, but nothing drastic.

15. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

Really? Cool. No complaints about the strong shoulders, the narrow lapels, or the button stance?

What would more room in the chest translate into visually? What does reshaping the sleeves mean? (You can just describe--no need to draw.)

16. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

17. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Man - these cuffs... do you store your savings and important documents in there?

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Subject #3: GQDerek
    [​IMG]

You know, the public persecution of Derek, I believe, is all worth it for this alteration. Bravo FooFoo, Brav - o.

19. mafoofan

Really? Cool. No complaints about the strong shoulders, the narrow lapels, or the button stance?

What would more room in the chest translate into visually? What does reshaping the sleeves mean? (You can just describe--no need to draw.)

Oh, I would Foof it if I was home. It would only take a few minutes.

I don't mind the shoulders. They would not be my personal preference, but I don't think they're objectively bad. The lapels look fine on you; I only noticed they were a tad bit narrow after you mentioned them.

The fuller chest would help close up and straighten out the 'V' created by your lapels. If you look at your first picture, you can see a distinct curvature that makes the 'V' bulge out into a 'U'. Mr. Moo had this problem with his Borrelli jacket.

The collar looks like it is too low on your neck. Combined with a chest that doesn't give you enough room, you wind up showing the outside edges of your shirt collar. If I tighten up your collar and add room to your chest, those edges would disappear underneath your lapels. However, it might be that the collar points on your shirt themselves are too short. They may need lengthening--but I won't know until I start playing around.

I'd probably screw around with your styling and colors, but that's pretty minor stuff.

20. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

Here. Foof this.

Did you injure your neck?

Nice tassle loafers btw, where from?