• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano and Girling colors

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Gaziano and Girling will be visiting NY in April. I am plannig ordering a pair of shoes most likelly Grant. Since I am not familiar with Gazinao and Girling colors I am calling on you experst or those of you who have seen G&G shoes in real life for little help.

What is the diferrence between Bordeaux and Rioja?

Which is lighter shade od brown Mocha or Expresso?

I am very familiar with Edward Green colors if you can make analogy with EG colors that would be helopful too.

Thank you in advance.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rioja is darker than Bordeaux

Mocha Brown is a new color (have not seen it in person), but Espresso has always been the darkest brown they offer on their RTW/MTO line

jjl5000

Reaction score
Vintage Rioja:
ModifiedHughes5.jpg

Bordeaux (aniline):
Warwick4.jpg

Also found this old photo: EG Burgundy vs G&G Bordeaux...
WarwickGladstoneComparison2.jpg

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E.G./G.G. color comparison

Antique Oak = Vintage Oak (Brown)

Antique Burgundy = Vintage Rioja

Black = Black
teacha.gif

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awsome, thanks everyone.

So Bordeaux is really dark. I already have something like that. I am kind of looking for lighter color Rioja looks nice I will have to check out Rosewood and Vintage Cherry too.

Oak/Dark Oak is great color but I have enough shoes in that color.

I am looking for lighter reds and lighter browns.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I'm at it, has anyone noticed a difference in leather quality between G&G and EG? I'm very impressed by EG, but willing to give G&G a try...

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
While I'm at it, has anyone noticed a difference in leather quality between G&G and EG? I'm very impressed by EG, but willing to give G&G a try...

I don't have an answer, but would be surprised if there was a difference in leather quality.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie

Both use very high quality leathers, and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Eligius

Reaction score
I've a few pairs of G&G's... leather quality is superb as you'd expect. And you'll see the leather samples in New York.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen EG and GG at Leffot. But you can't judge how it'll react to wear/crease.

I was surprised by the extremely superior performance of my brown EG claverton's compared to my C&J weymouths.

My C&J Audleys in black, however, are a miracle. The leather is so pristine after 6mo, people think the shoe has never been worn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics