1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fully Canvassed for Slim Fit Suits - Not good?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bioman, Jan 7, 2016.

1. bioman

bioman New Member

I'm guessing this is just wrong, but I've recently heard that for slim fit suits, fully canvassed lining adds too much bulk. And that half canvas is the better option.

Myth or some truth?

2. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Better question: was this a salesman trying to sell you a slim fit suit?

1 person likes this.
  3. bioman

bioman New Member

Its a custom suit and I'm a slimmer guy compared to the average person. My preference is to have my suits form fitting.

4. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

I wouldn't buy a custom suit from someone who tells you lies.

1 person likes this.
  5. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

If it fits like a man's suit is supposed to fit, fully canvassed isn't any sort of problem.

If it fits like a gymnast's leotard is supposed to fit, fully canvassed would be a problem. But by no means your biggest problem.