• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Leg Suit Trouser

PDandG

Reaction score
I have the same long torso shorter leg build.

O'Connell's Clothing carries Hertling made trousers in a straight full cut and a high rise. They even have a long rise if the regular isn't enough for you.

Regular is 12 inch rise, long is 13 inch rise.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right. So where do I buy?

If you're a size 40 or 46 suit, you could start here:

http://www.myhabit.com/#s?sr_p_4=Tom%20Ford&dept=men&node=1040658&ref=qd_men_ref_brand_55

It's hard to tell exactly how the stuff fits, since it can be pinned in a million different ways for the photos. The suit not displayed on a model, though, doesn't appear to have the wider leg trouser.

And here's another potential source:

http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline/tom ford_d

I can't tell if those suits are true three-buttons of if they are a three-roll-two and whomever dressed the models for the shoot was just a clueless idiot.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL has always been too tapered below the knee for me. Looking for a flared bottom or at least straight.

I don't know what their trouser styles are like now that they've moved suit production from Italy (by Corneliani, primarily) back to the US (by Hickey Freeman).

However, RL Polo "blue label" suits come in a variety of styles. I've got some with slim trousers, and I've got several with more generous, straight leg trousers.

One of the straighter-leg trousers is flat-fronted, another two pairs have pleated fronts.

If you identify which styles/blocks/cuts by RL Polo have wider trousers, then you shouldn't have any problem tracking down a few suits in that style.

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
Any idea what the style number is for the various full legged suits in the photos you posted? I promise I will stop nagging you after this.
Sorry, mate. Can't help you. All of these are from a number of years ago. Don't really keep track of Tom Ford myself, so don't know what's available today.

If you've got money for a Tom Ford suit, you should consider going MTM. It's a lot more hassle, but the quality is the same/better and, of course, you can specify exactly what you want.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, mate. Can't help you. All of these are from a number of years ago. Don't really keep track of Tom Ford myself, so don't know what's available today.

If you've got money for a Tom Ford suit, you should consider going MTM. It's a lot more hassle, but the quality is the same/better and, of course, you can specify exactly what you want.

Let's back up a sec: if you've got money for any MTM suit you can easily get the leg fitted differently from the stock pattern from the knee down. Can do that on a $1-2k MTM just as easily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads