• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Turnbull & Asser Dress Shirts - 17.5

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got some Brioni dress shirts so I'm looking to clear some space in my closet and will start by retiring these two T&A dress shirts - made in England. Both are 17 1/2 - 44cm. Now only $10 each shipped to USA and Canada, $15 each shipped worldwide!! One is blue herringbone with contrasting white collar and sleeves and French cuffs. The other is pale blue - Sea Island Cotton - with three MOP buttons on each cuff. These shirts are in good condition but both have flaws -- if you are looking for pristine shirts, or like-new shirts, these are not. I have tried to detail all the flaws in the pictures below and will describe the flaws here in detail. Personally I think these two shirts exhibit the Japanese principle of "Wabi-Sabi" -- i.e., the minor flaws and signs of wear only add to their character. Most of the flaws wouldn't even be noticed - especially under a suit jacket. Nevertheless I'll describe the flaws: #1. Blue herringbone. Some wear on the collar. The biggest flaw could be the two-inch rip on the left cuff -- however the rip isn't all the way through the cuff -- only exposes the canvas (?) interlining and is not noticeable from the other side at all. And most importantly, when the cuff is folded in half (as it is when it's worn with cufflinks) then the rip isn't noticed at all because the rip is on the inside when the cuff is folded in half. I hope this makes sense. There are a few little nicks or abrasions on the shirt - one at the bottom edge of the shirt which wouldn't be noticed when it's tucked in. No collar stays. #2. Light blue three-button Sea Island Cotton. Biggest flaw of this shirt is that a quarter of one of the buttons chipped off and is gone forever. The button actually still works - it's just missing a chunk. There's a small spot on the right cuff and a small hole near the right shoulder. Two holes at the very bottom of the shirt tail (wouldn't be noticed when tucked in). No collar stays. Personally I love wearing high-quality shirts which aren't in perfect condition because you don't have to be extremely careful when you wear them, and if you check them in your luggage and your luggage gets lost, you won't have a heart attack. I like to wear these kinds of shirts with jeans (sometimes under a sweater) on casual Fridays and weekends; however they could be worn with a suit.
dscn9299sw8.jpg
dscn9300ob8.jpg
dscn9301ug4.jpg
dscn9302fi6.jpg
dscn9306gq7.jpg
dscn9303eo9.jpg
dscn9307dj6.jpg
dscn9308ri1.jpg
dscn9310uu6.jpg
dscn9312mg9.jpg
dscn9311ru9.jpg
dscn9313of7.jpg
dscn9315vg2.jpg
dscn9316rm0.jpg
dscn9320jj1.jpg
xdscn9322to3.jpg
xdscn9324gg1.jpg
xdscn9323dx1.jpg
xdscn9325ih5.jpg
xdscn9326wy6.jpg
xdscn9327xo4.jpg
xdscn9328ll9.jpg
xdscn9330vg7.jpg
Money-back guarantee. All forms of remuneration accepted. Thank you for looking. Price is $15 each shipped to USA and Canada, $20 each shipped worldwide.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you buy both, take $5 off the total!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last price drop! $10 each shipped! $15 each shipped overseas! Take $5 off the total price if you'd like both!!
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics