• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Prada Sportcoat, Donna Karan, Zegna other randomness

Hoya Saxa

Reaction score
The closet cleaning continues. So far, seven large garbage bags for salvation army. Pulled a few things out that might be of interest to the forum. I generally wear a 40S in men's sportcoats/suits, and that's the size on ths items below.

SOLD: First up, a fun Prada sportcoat I purchased in Milan (lake como) three years ago. Fabric is a nylon-spandex-wool blend. Can't find the tag with actual breakdown, but it's pretty nice stuff. Got some stretch to it. Very fitted coat, two button, side vents. Pit to pit is 20 inches. Shoulder seam to shoulder seam is 17 inches. Jacket is 28 inches long, bottom of collar to hem, sleeves are 24 inches top of shoulder to cuff. I can't remember how much I paid for it, but I'm asking $100 shipped in the US.

Front:

Inside:

Up close:

Next up is a Donna Karan signature jacket I picked up at Saks probably 4 years ago. Nice fall/winter jacket, sort of a tween. One button, no vents. Pit to pit is 22 inches, shoulder to shoulder is 18.5. Collar to hem is 30.5 inches and the sleeves are 23.5 from shoulder seam to cuff. I'm asking $65 shipped in the US.

Front:

Inside:

Up close:

Third in line is a nice pair of Zegna trousers I picked up a few years back. Single pleat, nice taupe/grey/green color. Definitely winter weight. They are more on the full side, as the measurements will show. They are size EU50 on the tag, but the waist measures 16.75 laid flat. Inseam is 29 inches, outseam is 40.5. The knee is 12 inches, bottom opening is 10 inches. They are cuffed with a 1.25in cuff, so they could be lengthened. I'm asking $30 shipped.

Pants:

Up close:

Last, but not least ... a shirt I bought in Malibu (Cross Creek, for those of you from the area) about 2 years back. The brand is Energie, size Large. That said, it is a close fitting shirt. I usually go with Mediums, but actually had to size up on this. Measurements are 32 inches top of collar to bottom hem, 23 inches pit to pit, 27 inches from shoulder seam to bottom cuff. I'm asking $25 shipped.

Front:

Closer view:

Any questions, PM me or post here.

Cheers,

Hoya

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a weakspot for the Belvest-made Techno-fabric jackets from Prada...

But, what are the actual tag sizes on the Prada and the Donna Karan (50, 52, 48, etc.?)

Thanks!
John

Hoya Saxa

Reaction score
Tag size in the Donna Karan is 40 short. I can't find any tags in the Prada jacket that show a size. Strange, I know, but they're not there. All I can tell you is I bought the jacket from a little boutique in Bellagio in 2003. The boutique was right across the street from the Villa Serbelloni, where we were staying.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hoya Saxa
I can't find any tags in the Prada jacket that show a size. Strange, I know, but they're not there.
Have you checked everywhere? It's not uncommon for mainline Prada jackets to have no branding except for a care instruction tag with a size marking well hidden inside one of the inner pockets for instance..

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I assume you bought it used? My stretchy techno-fabric jackets and such were from around s/s 2000 or 2001 or thereabouts.

Usually, the tag will be a paper tag from Belvest with the standard suit markings. Anyway, it sounds about a Prada size 50 or 52... but I wish it was marked somewhere so I could be sure.

John

Hoya Saxa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I assume you bought it used? My stretchy techno-fabric jackets and such were from around s/s 2000 or 2001 or thereabouts.

Usually, the tag will be a paper tag from Belvest with the standard suit markings. Anyway, it sounds about a Prada size 50 or 52... but I wish it was marked somewhere so I could be sure.

John

Not sure about the used part ... it had tags on it at the time, IIRC. But I don't speak/read italian, so now that you mention it, it is possible. I assumed it was from a prior season, because it was on the sale rack.

I just looked in all the pockets for a tag and there's nothing to be seen. Not even remnants of a tag that was torn/cut out. If it helps, I can wear just about anything off the rack in a 50.

Hoya Saxa

Reaction score
-bump-

Also, willing to entertain offers for any of the remaining items ... if no interest, will put 'em up on eBay later this week.

Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics