• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Luciano Barbera Sartoriale 38R/40R

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOLD!

The suit is a proper 38R, but because the pant waist was taken out to 34", I've labeled the title 38R/40R

I'll put up exact measurements later tonight. Selling the suit because it's just too long (I'm a 38s). In great shape, worn just a handful of times by the previous owner (a coworker).

Specs - Black suit with subtle silver windowpane, fully-canvassed, 3-button 3-2.5 roll, double vents, fully-lined jacket, soft-padded + pleated shoulders; half-lined pants, double pleats and 1.5" cuffs, suspender/brace buttons, change pocket in pants waist.

Note that there's an ever-so-slight pull on the back of the left sleeve, near the buttons. Barely noticeable and easily fixed.

Asking $200 shipped which is damn cheap considering the quality and condition of the suit.

Seventh photo down is most accurate w/r/t color, but still doesn't capture how dark the fabric is.

barbera1.jpg

barbera3.jpg

barbera.jpg

barbera1-1.jpg

barbera4.jpg

barbera3-1.jpg

barbera2.jpg

barbera5.jpg

barbera6.jpg

barbera8.jpg

barbera10.jpg

barbera11.jpg

barbera12.jpg

barbera13.jpg

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MEASUREMENTS PANTS - 31" inseam (3" to be let out if you want to do away w/ cuff), 34" waist (originally 32"), 8.5" at ankle JACKET - 24" sleeve (2" to be letout), 31" length (boc), 41" chest, 37" waist, 18" shoulders Note that there's no size tag on the inside. I know for a fact this was purchased as a 38R, and this is what the above measurements confirm.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is one of the Barbera/'Caraceni' suits. Note the rather distinctive shape of the shoulder and upper chest. Crazy good deal!!

pfr0g

Reaction score
That suit is beautiful.

At this price who cares if its black; still a killer deal.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gorgeous suit and a steal at double the price.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Gorgeous suit and a steal at double the price.

****, this makes me think I should re-assess my pricing.

----

Anyhow, tons of inquiries, but suit's still for sale. I'd like to unload it by tonight since I'm out of town the next four days...

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
****, this makes me think I should re-assess my pricing.

----

Anyhow, tons of inquiries, but suit's still for sale. I'd like to unload it by tonight since I'm out of town the next four days...

I think the suit fits you really well. Are you selling it for financial or asthetic reasons?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the suit fits you really well. Are you selling it for financial or asthetic reasons?

agreed, you really should keep this suit for yourself.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neither.

While the fit is great, it's just too long for me. The pictures are a bit deceiving. The body + sleeves of the jacket are perfect, but the reason you don't see my feet in any of the shots is because the pants are all bunched at the bottom. And I'd need to lop off 2" from the bottom of the coat to make it fit (I'm 5'6"). All in all, I'd love to keep it, but know it wouldn't look right post-alterations.

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
Neither.

While the fit is great, it's just too long for me. The pictures are a bit deceiving. The body + sleeves of the jacket are perfect, but the reason you don't see my feet in any of the shots is because the pants are all bunched at the bottom. And I'd need to lop off 2" from the bottom of the coat to make it fit (I'm 5'6"). All in all, I'd love to keep it, but know it wouldn't look right post-alterations.

Ah, 5'6". I was going to ask you how tall you were, because you said the 31" botton-of-the-collar length was too much for you. So, it'd probably be good for someone who was 5'8" with a longish torso.
devil.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
This is one of the Barbera/'Caraceni' suits. Note the rather distinctive shape of the shoulder and upper chest. Crazy good deal!!

Harris, why the quotes around Caraceni? Is it unusual for them to do anything other than bespoke?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads