• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FS: Horseradish!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe that someone has actually bid on that. I think I still have an old calendar from 2001 somewhere around here; must be worth a fortune!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Misleading ad. September 11 is the best when purchased by date, not the expiration date. I have eaten many things well after the best when purchased by date without ill effects.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I nominate this for Thread of the Year.
Seconded!
I cannot believe that someone has actually bid on that.
You must be joking!
Misleading ad. September 11 is the best when purchased by date, not the expiration date. I have eaten many things well after the best when purchased by date without ill effects.
Maybe you are the misleading ad, sir!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser

When you say "ill effects" are you referring to "terrorist attacks"?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy horseradish!

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Will you disclose the reserve price?

15 American dollars. I think we all know I expect to get several thousand times that, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WTF? Why did they pull it down?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
WTF? Why did they pull it down?

My guess is that it has to do with the reference to 9-11. eBay tends to get antsy about auctions related to 9-11 and their policy is usually cancel now, think later.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But it was such a patriotic auction... it had flags and red white and blue stuff and everything. I guess they just hate our freedom.

Ken, was that actually your auction?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps there is rule against selling rotten or expired food then.

edit: Though now I remember the 10 year old grilled cheese with the virgin mary that sold for $28K.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Yeah: mine, J.

Bogus. Pulled down because it was considered 'food.' Who the hell considers horseradish food, regradless of expiration date? I always thought it was purely decorative.

Somebody probably reported it. I got a couple hate messages from people who obviously hate America, possibly bin Laden himself under the pseudonym "bigDaddy."

I could probably convince them it isn't food, right? Seems like a lot of work, though.

Thanks ya'll!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%