• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Corneliani 40S wool/cashmere suit. Oxxford medium blue nailhead sportjacket 40R

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
You were right about that Oxxford, it is exceptional -- the lapels have a great shape. I'd buy that jacket in a different cloth.

I don't lie Fudgie.

The lapels have balls. I was hoping to unload all the other stuff I have and maybe keep this but alas...................

Mayday981

Reaction score
I have a question. Would the Canali suit be good for working in a conservative industry like a big four accounting firm?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mayday981
I have a question. Would the Canali suit be good for working in a conservative industry like a big four accounting firm?

I work in a conservative industry and dress a bit more colorful than others and it has not been an issue. SuitingStyle bought the same suit and I think he is also in accounting or law. The stripes are muted and the background is charcoal so I, as the seller, thinks it would work
smile.gif
Maybe SuitingStyle will respond with his thoughts.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in banking, but the suit itself is not "flamming" in a lack of better word, by any strech of imagination. I would wear that in my office any day, but then I work in a French bank, where most of my French co workers wear more fasion forward suits in general, so maybe I am not the best person to give an opinion.

Also, on a side note, this suit is slightly more slim fitting than the usual Canali cut, higher armhole, does have a slight waist suppresion, and best course, flat front pants ..... so you could even wear it business casually without a tie on a friday ( pair it with a pink or dark blue shirt)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads