• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: A billion Cashmere Sweaters - Size L / XL

Crooow

Reaction score
Hello all,

We're now a good way through winter, and I'm looking in my wardrobe, realizing that even though I have 15 - 20 sweaters, I've really only worn about 5 of them so far this year. So, the rest need to go.

All prices are as shipped in CONUS.

Johnstons of Elgin - Mock Neck - Powder Blue - SOLD

I received this as a gift from Sierra Trading Post. For those unfamiliar with the brand, here is a link to the closest to this model I can find right now: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...e-For-Men.html. The one I'm selling is very similar, but without the pronounced ribbing.

Johnstons.jpg

Johnstons2.jpg

JohnstonsTag.jpg

JohnstonsSize.jpg

It has only been worn a few times, and is in perfect condition. Frankly, the only reason I'm selling it is because I have a Cucinelli sweater in the exact same color, and I always end up wearing that one instead.

Measurements are as follows:

Length: 27.75 (from top of neck, as though mock neck was folded down)
Width: 23 (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 20.5
Sleeve: 35

$80 shipped

Harrison Grey Turtleneck - Lightweight - L

I like the idea of turtlenecks (as a concept, they're marvelous!); I just never wear them. Evidently, in my mind they look better on me than they do in the mirror. I don't want to say that it has never been worn, because that might be a lie, but I cannot remember a single time I've ever worn it outdoors. Purchased from BlueFly, it is lightweight, and should be perfect for layering.

Harrison.jpg

HarrisonClose.jpg

HarrisonTag.jpg

Length: 25 (from top of neck, as though turtleneck was folded down)
Width: 24 (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 21
Sleeve: 34

$25 shipped

Cashmere & Company - Charcoal V-Neck - XL - SOLD

Decent quality, soft, and in perfect condition. Color is a definite charcoal (a little darker than it looks in these pictures).

CashCharcoal.jpg

CashCharcoalClose.jpg

Length: 27
Width: 24 (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 21
Sleeve: 33.5

$35 - SOLD

Cashmere & Company - Oatmeal Crew-Neck - XL - SOLD

Same as above, in a crewneck.

CashOat.jpg

CashOat.jpg

Length: 28
Width: 25 (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 21.5
Sleeve: 35.5

$35 - SOLD

JCrew - Italian Cashmere - Gray V-Neck - XL - SOLD

This one is noticably softer than some of the other ones, in a very pretty light gray color (I believe it is the heather dusk color, possibly the heather nickel on the J Crew website). If there's no love for this one, I won't really have a problem holding onto it.
blush.gif

JCREWGray.jpg

JCREWGrayClose.jpg

Length: 27.75
Width: 23.5 (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 20
Sleeve: 35

$65 - SOLD

JCrew - Cashmere - Green V-Neck - XL - SOLD

Actually, I think this is the only sweater that I didn't buy or receive new. I think it came from one of the sellers on this site. It's been worn, but not for awhile. Not the same quality as the one above, but just a nice casual sweater.

JCrewGreen.jpg

JCrewGreenClose.jpg

Length: 28
Width: 24.75 (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 19.75
Sleeve: 35.5

$20 - SOLD

That's all for now. Thanks for looking, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Jason
smile.gif

Crooow

Reaction score
Prices dropped on first two sweaters (only ones left).

Thanks
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Got my sweater today (light green Jcrew) and it is Great! Really fast shipment, easy to work with, and it's so soft!

Crooow

Reaction score
Good morning.

Price dropped on the Johnston's sweater to $100 shipped in CONUS.

Thanks
smile.gif

Crooow

Reaction score
Almost forgot that I had this posted.
laugh.gif

Dropped the prices on the last two items, just to see if there's any interest.

Thanks for looking.

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the sleeves are 35 and the other sweaters you had were 35. I'm 6 feet tall and my sleeves are 25 inches. Another 10 inches...would that be someone thats 6 6?

Crooow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
I see the sleeves are 35 and the other sweaters you had were 35. I'm 6 feet tall and my sleeves are 25 inches. Another 10 inches...would that be someone thats 6 6?

Wait, you mean your arms don't reach down below your knees like mine???
laugh.gif

Thanks for the question. I suspect we are measuring from different places. When I measure 35 inches, I am measuring from the center of the neck, as opposed to the shoulder seam.

Just to clear up any confusion, here's the tape measure from both spots:

collar.jpg

shoulder.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads