• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE June 5 – Replicate a Historical Photo or Painting

Replicate a historical picture or painting

• 1. bienluienapris

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 2. DonCologne

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 3. capnwes

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 4. upr_crust

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 5. Leaves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. EFV

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 7. Thrift Vader

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 8. Steed1000

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 9. kolchak (made two entries but the first one is the one that counts)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, do you guys usually cast multiple votes? Is it like FIFA?
smile.gif

I'm a lot cheaper though
smile.gif

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you for a great challenge Leaves! I really enjoyed seeing all the entries!

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While there aren’t a lot of entries, there are certainly some really good ones; had it been a multiple-choice poll I would have had no hesitation in choosing at least a few. Don, right out of the starting gate, set a really high standard. And upr_crust’s last photo quite strikingly reveals a side of him we haven’t seen before; when I first saw it, it took me a second to realize that it was him. I wonder if Mr. Crust has thespian experience of which we’re unaware? I can easily imagine him treading the boards at Old Vic in that rig.

Cheers,

Ac

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally, I'm also pro single vote, but here I would have loved to vote for at least half the entries. Such a nice idea. In the end, upr got my vote.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I couldn't not give my vote to DonC. I am also a fan of the single vote, but it was hard this time.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for Don. And I still think that Don is the deserving winner. But the expression on Crusty's face is so impressive that it would be tough to describe his entry as any less deserving as Don's.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While there aren’t a lot of entries, there are certainly some really good ones; had it been a multiple-choice poll I would have had no hesitation in choosing at least a few.  Don, right out of the starting gate, set a really high standard.  And upr_crust’s last photo quite strikingly reveals a side of him we haven’t seen before; when I first saw it, it took me a second to realize that it was him.  I wonder if Mr. Crust has thespian experience of which we’re unaware?    I can easily imagine him treading the boards at Old Vic in that rig.

Cheers,

Ac

You are correct in noting that there is more than a touch of the ham actor in me, but I restrict my acting to the theater that is life in Manhattan. You may also have been momentarily disoriented by seeing me without my glasses on, photos of which you've probably never seen before.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had fun participating, it was my first time, despite having been around for a few years. Thanks to the person who voted for my pic.

Ok, stupid question time.

Is there a challenge every week? If so, how do I find the one for this week?

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had fun participating, it was my first time, despite having been around for a few years. Thanks to the person who voted for my pic.

Ok, stupid question time.

Is there a challenge every week? If so, how do I find the one for this week?

Most weeks (there have been a few challenges which run for two weeks). The new challenge will be determined by whomever wins this one.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads