• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking" challenge

Who made their "What the hell was I thinking" item work best in a fit?

• Diplo

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • RoSaCe

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Clags

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Hirsch

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Duke

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Smitty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prince

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Acute

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Cox

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

+1 point for you ;-)

@Clouseau
 , j'ose esperer que vous ne m'avez pas pris au premier degré? ;)

Euh, peut être un peu cher ami, je ne saisis pas aussi bien la nuance dans la langue de Shakespeare que dans celle de Molière ... Veuillez accepter mes excuses.
Amicalement,
C.

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Except for the players who are not even in the team because they were busy filming each other ********** and then use it for blackmail?
bounce2.gif

This shows your poor knowledge of the case, you should read something else than tabloids.

Totally agree on the awful Swedish performance though, no excuse for that. We had the best Swedish player of all time in our team, unfortunately he happens to be surrounded by one of the worst Swedish national teams of all time.

Zlatan played like **** in this Euro, didn't scored even one goal. Once again he showed he was incapable to be decisive in an important competition, like in Champion's League.
The best thing for PSG this year is that he is leaving.

But, let's move on from football and get back to the theme of the challenge! We have seen pictures of some awful things and we hear tantalising rumours from Clags about a certain sweater, let's see them in fits!
Let's get back to it, but probably one of the worst challenge of the year. And throw away your shirt, it makes me sick !
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you extended this Challenge out to a full fortnight, as I have a very interesting piece back in Melbourne which cost several hundred dollars and which I have worn at most once since buying it about four years ago.

It's by no means hideous - it's just - well - strange.

I'm back in Melbourne from 7th so I should just about be able to squeak it in with an entry.

[cue bemused Murricans reaching for their Websters to look up the word "fortnight", only to find it's not in there]

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's get back to it, but probably one of the worst challenge of the year. And throw away your shirt, it makes me sick !
biggrin.gif

Ah, French humour. Always a pleasure.

Si vous ne voulez pas le jeu, ne participent pas. C'est très simple.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you extended this Challenge out to a full fortnight, as I have a very interesting piece back in Melbourne which cost several hundred dollars and which I have worn at most once since buying it about four years ago.

I'm back in Melbourne from 7th so I should just about be able to squeak it in with an entry.

[cue bemused Murricans reaching for their Websters to look up the word "fortnight", only to find it's not in there]

We'll look forward to that!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Ah, French humour. Always a pleasure.

Si vous ne voulez pas le jeu, ne participent pas. C'est très simple.
????
You probably mean :
Si vous ne voulez pas jouer le jeu, ne participez pas.

Otherwise, there is no meaning and spelling mistakes.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Except for us Amercian dorks who grew up on Monty Python and Blackadder and learned British vernacular early on! Some of us even managed to hold on to our lunch money at school...

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
????
You probably mean :
Si vous ne voulez pas jouer le jeu, ne participez pas.

Otherwise, there is no meaning and spelling mistakes.
biggrin.gif

I thought that my little trap might be too obvious, but I trusted that you would step into it anyway and I was right. If you check your comments in English in this thread you will see that there are plenty of grammatical errors. But nobody cares since the forum is full of people who do not have English as their first language, including me. But throw in a few errors in French...

Anyhow, enough with the games. I obviously made a mistake by making a humorous reference to football in my introduction, especially since I was referencing a team that happens to play against France. But this is a challenge and it's gone far enough off topic already. If you want to continue to talk about football, or french, do it in other threads or message me directly. I started this challenge, like it or not, and I want to keep it focused.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Quote:
I don't think it was a trap at all. I think you are too arrogant to admit your own mistakes.
You are so pretentious that you wanted to show that you speak French. It was missed. End of.

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was a trap at all. I think you are too arrogant too admit your own mistakes.

You are so pretentious that you wanted to show that you speak French. It was missed. End of.

Oh, the irony...

Move along now.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of years ago. One of the world cups. My father and his friend were watching Germany play Italy at a British pub in the US. My dad has a PhD in German literature and is fluent in the language. His friend was an Italian history professor, fluent in Italian (these days he spends a funded three months out of the year in Venice, the lucky bastard). They also were passable in each of the other languages.

So after a few drinks, they start trash talking each other, my dad in German and his friend in Italian. Meanwhile, onlookers were very confused, watching two Americans talk **** in German and Italian while drinking ale in a British pub.

Football. The world sport.

Last edited:

justonemore

Reaction score

I thought that my little trap might be too obvious, but I trusted that you would step into it anyway and I was right. If you check your comments in English in this thread you will see that there are plenty of grammatical errors. But nobody cares since the forum is full of people who do not have English as their first language, including me. But throw in a few errors in French...

Anyhow, enough with the games. I obviously made a mistake by making a humorous reference to football in my introduction, especially since I was referencing a team that happens to play against France. But this is a challenge and it's gone far enough off topic already. If you want to continue to talk about football, or french, do it in other threads or message me directly. I started this challenge, like it or not, and I want to keep it focused.

Oh please....there are plenty of English teachers online as well...just allow auto spell to put in a "your" instead of "you're" and see how many vitriolic comments you get....and how many people bother to search someone's past posts for errors?

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh please....there are plenty of English teachers online as well...just allow auto spell to put in a "your" instead of "you're" and see how many vitriolic comments you get....and how many people bother to search someone's past posts for errors?

In general I agree, but in SF as well? In the threads I follow (mainly WAYWRN) I haven't seen any language police at all, on the contrary I have seen several posts encouraging non native English speakers to keep posting and not worry about the language. But there are plenty of threads in SF that I never follow so I could be wrong.

J o s h

Reaction score
We Americans were cheering for Iceland too.

Especially after they beat the English
smile.gif

These players never get any rest, between the Eurocopa, the Copa America and the club season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads