• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Roman Grojean qualified 3rd? Who'd have guessed that. And his teammate couldnt even get out of Q1?

Massa is such a terd. Alonso and Ferrari are miles off the pace.

Mercedes appear to have improved the most this off season.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bet Vettel has already found a cat to kick. If this keeps up, we could be in for a hell of a season.

I suspect Kimi would have done pretty well if they hadn't mistimed the out lap in Q1.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
I haven't paid much attention to F1 the last couple seasons. Glad to see Kimi back! Anyone know how his rally stint went?

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Nothing great? Did he ever make it off the Citroen jr team (spelling?)?

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Schumacher would have at least a shot at the podium but then he retired. Rosberg didn't seem to do too well but yes, at least Mercedes can be competitive this year. Anyway, another positive is that Red Bull isn't dominating everything again. At least it will make it a challenge for Vettel to win a third championship.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was hoping Schumacher would have at least a shot at the podium but then he retired. Rosberg didn't seem to do too well but yes, at least Mercedes can be competitive this year. Anyway, another positive is that Red Bull isn't dominating everything again. At least it will make it a challenge for Vettel to win a third championship.

The Merc race pace wasnt very good. That Renault is really strong. Williams looked amazing compared to last season. Sauber has a strong car.

Looks like Force India are the car that lost the most.

Should have been a Mclaren 1 2 save for the safety car. Button does really well with these tires.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really annoyed by Maldonado's mistake. Williams lost good points there.

crispeta

Reaction score
How do you (US-based) watch the qualifying/ races? Speed coverage is not comprehensive, is it? Online?
Thanks!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How do you (US-based) watch the qualifying/ races? Speed coverage is not comprehensive, is it? Online?
Thanks!

bittorrent :slayer:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speed shows P2, qualifying, and the race. They stream P1 and P3 on their site.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great race. Man, that Sauber should have won it. This is the best group of drivers at one time in F1 I have ever seen.

2 races in a row the McLaren cant maintain the same level as qualifying. Same for Mercedes.

cliche

Reaction score
Great race. Man, that Sauber should have won it. This is the best group of drivers at one time in F1 I have ever seen.
2 races in a row the McLaren cant maintain the same level as qualifying. Same for Mercedes.

Cant agree with you more :) Amazing race

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bodes well for an competitive season. McLaren's strategy and execution seems off this year. Without the pit stop errors, Hamilton would have been out in front of Alonso. Not certain he could have stayed there, but the three-way battle between him, Alonso, and Perez would have been interesting.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
China:

What a fantastic race. One of the best I have ever seen. For those that abandoned F1 years back for lack of excitement you should come back. This is the best F1 has ever been. 10 laps from the end with a 8 car train all fighting for 2nd place, thats unheard of. Having Raikonen in 2nd drop to 10th in 1 lap? Brilliant stuff.

Rosberg deserved the win, a great race, great quali, well deserved 1st win. Seeing the big brusk German Norbert Haug in tears was special.

Amazing race.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads