• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the contractual procedure of Honda leaving F1 after this season? Would there be a chance of them rescinding since RBR is hot right now?

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree in general that Lando should be more aggressive, he himself says that. But in France this weekend i don’t see what he could’ve done better other than qualified higher (and not had the refueling issue that was beyond his control?)

Does Bottas actually think he should be on equal footing with Hamilton? honest question, maybe y’all have heard him imply that, but…come on man. That’s like Scottie Pippen (which Bottas probably isn’t even as great as) wanting Michael Jordan to defer to him.

I do think he has every right to be infuriated, though. It’s one thing to be the #2 driver, it’s another thing entirely to have his (100% correct) input ignored and dismissed by everyone on the team for the entire race. Even if the idea was for him not to beat Lewis, it’s still idiotic to deliberately let him be uncompetitive during the race…if anything, Mercedes should have given him team orders to let Lewis pass or block Max if it came down to that in the end.

Regardless of the two stop madness, he let everyone show his true skills when Max was behind him and couldn't defend.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the contractual procedure of Honda leaving F1 after this season? Would there be a chance of them rescinding since RBR is hot right now?
There is no chance Honda stays in F1. Honda (parent company) wants to pull out of F1 so there's no way Honda is coming back anytime soon. Best chance is for VW Group to join in. They actually have the funds to do it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do think he has every right to be infuriated, though. It’s one thing to be the #2 driver, it’s another thing entirely to have his (100% correct) input ignored and dismissed by everyone on the team for the entire race. Even if the idea was for him not to beat Lewis, it’s still idiotic to deliberately let him be uncompetitive during the race…if anything, Mercedes should have given him team orders to let Lewis pass or block Max if it came down to that in the end.
Lewis was also calling to undercut Max with a second stop. So, Merc pretty much equally ignored them. Given this, I think Merc thought this was the strategy to get the best team result. They were just wrong. They have mostly been right, though, so both drivers need to take the smooth with the rough.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no chance Honda stays in F1. Honda (parent company) wants to pull out of F1 so there's no way Honda is coming back anytime soon. Best chance is for VW Group to join in. They actually have the funds to do it.

Def want VAG to join in the fray and maybe have Porsche RBR/Audi AlphaTauri

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lewis was also calling to undercut Max with a second stop. So, Merc pretty much equally ignored them. Given this, I think Merc thought this was the strategy to get the best team result. They were just wrong. They have mostly been right, though, so both drivers need to take the smooth with the rough.
Reason why they couldn't do a 2 stopper was because of Perez running long. He would've effectively blocked whoever pitted. RB was smart to split the strategy while Mercedes focused on Bottas first hoping to undercut Max which failed and then getting undercut themselves by Max.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Reason why they couldn't do a 2 stopper was because of Perez running long. He would've effectively blocked whoever pitted. RB was smart to split the strategy while Mercedes focused on Bottas first hoping to undercut Max which failed and then getting undercut themselves by Max.
They brought Valtteri in early because he flat-spotted a tire and had vibrations they were afraid would hurt the suspension. They didn't bring Lewis in on the next lap (when Max came in) because they were afraid his tires wouldn't last until the end. In hindsight, they should have pulled the trigger on Lewis's first stop and then see how it played out. It wasn't a stupid call, just wrong. Both drivers happened to be right this time.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honda wants out of gas-powered combustion engines. I really don't know what it would take to stay in F1 when their entire organization is moving away from these types of cars.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They brought Valtteri in early because he flat-spotted a tire and had vibrations they were afraid would hurt the suspension. They didn't bring Lewis in on the next lap (when Max came in) because they were afraid his tires wouldn't last until the end. In hindsight, they should have pulled the trigger on Lewis's first stop and then see how it played out. It wasn't a stupid call, just wrong. Both drivers happened to be right this time.

And we all remember the infamous Mercedes double stack from last year.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honda wants out of gas-powered combustion engines. I really don't know what it would take to stay in F1 when their entire organization is moving away from these types of cars.
Except Honda is staying in Indy Car so the whole we want out of combustion engines is a sham. They just want out of F1.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Except Honda is staying in Indy Car so the whole we want out of combustion engines is a sham. They just want out of F1.
Kiss ******, *****.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Love Rosberg **** stirring. Need more of this.

Reminds me of when James Hunt was a commentator.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honda is fickle AF. The only reason they remain in IndyCar is that it’s Honda NA that makes the call on participation. If it were up to HQ, I’m sure they would have been in and out multiple times with all of the hand-wringing they do in F1.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also helps that Honda had the best engine in Indy Car compared to the dogshit PU they had in F1 for like 5 years.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads